I got bit by a shrimp :)

Jessijaxx

Got a mated pair of gobys and a their friend the pistol shrimp today :D Dont have a small net to transfer them so i decided to just snach them all up and put them in the tank. That darn little pistol shrimp bit me it actually stung a bit. Just wanted to know if anyone else has gotten bit by a shrimp?

I always wanted a goby/pistol shrimp pair. Pics please!!! :D

they have been in hiding as soon as they come out i will try and snap a pic!!

• Admin

Photos or its not there :tomuch:

I had a pistol shrimp once... you do know they are blind right? I just love those guys and they will make a loud noise too :rofl

Out of curiosity why are you happy about vein bitten by a shrimp? :rofl! "I got bit by a shrimp :)". Your exact title. Lol

Im happy because the shrimp and gobies are a new addition to the tank!! Still love the cute little guy even if he bit me and it was kinda cute never been bit or pinched i should say by a shrimp before!! :):wub:

Yikes! I definitely would be too afraid to go near a pistol shrimp with my hand. They can snap their claws with the energy of a bullet! D:

They also make the loudest noise of any animal. It's like 220 decibels.

Edited by Evening

One of these?

omg that is so cool thanks for the vid!! i hope they dont eat pepperment shrimp because i have 3 in my tank. i heard the snap and my hand was hot where he got me but it was just a little sting. I was a bit worried because im deathly alergic to shrimp and shellfish but guess they have to be boiled or grilled for that to happen wonder why.

I imagine it's because you have to eat it. :D

ive actually had reactions from it being on my skin being cooked in the same house and even doing dishes that shelfish has been on also fishfood has made me have a bad reaction i have to be very carful to wash my hands and use medicine droppers when feeding my kiddos and gloves when cleaning any spilt food. it sucks!! everyone says how yummy shelfish is :(

• Admin

I don't know much about marine fish, so I hope this isn't a silly question but why do the gobys need the shrimp?

Someone else mentioned wanting a goby/shrimp pair, do they help with something?

Its the other way around... the shrimp Pistol shrimp needs the Goby's ... the reason is the shrimp is blind.. thats right they cant see at all and the Goby will let the shrimp know when there is predators out there :)

I don't know much about marine fish, so I hope this isn't a silly question but why do the gobys need the shrimp?

Its the other way around... the shrimp Pistol shrimp needs the Goby's ... the reason is the shrimp is blind.. thats right they cant see at all and the Goby will let the shrimp know when there is predators out there :)

That's really cool!

That's really cool!

The shrimp helps the goby as well, by digging it a safe nest to hide in and by sharing it's leftovers.