What kind of fish have I got?

Elle456

you should be able to upload the pics to photobucket or another photo sharing site from your phone. Then copy and paste the photobucket link here :)

F79D971C-E24A-4D7B-920C-38A1ED8CC6CE-3528-000005358BB1D4DE_zps4df0aa5d.jpg

The deal with my four fish are I moved into a house 2 months ago and they were left in a pond I'm currently redoing the pond and they are in a holding pond at the moment, these two white fish look like try Are blind or something the pond is well shaded and gets a bit of sun too. Could you help ID these fish more photos coming

459DEED6-AA0D-4467-A38F-50F3E3CF2FFD-3528-0000053810B8689B_zps28bef7fe.jpg

This is by far the prettiest on I have and she is very fat all the time I was wondering how long they keep eggs in stomach and will they spawn eggs if I haven't got any males?

459DEED6-AA0D-4467-A38F-50F3E3CF2FFD-3528-0000053810B8689B_zps28bef7fe.jpg

DC420C00-A8E9-44CF-B313-85D40A810E48-3528-0000053839AB94D7_zpsb7c40c95.jpg

This is by far the prettiest on I have and she is very fat all the time I was wondering how long they keep eggs in stomach and will they spawn eggs if I haven't got any males? My last goldfish is a lot smaller and very tricky to catch will upload soon

You have a lovely group of comets. :). I agree that the white ones look blind, which really shouldn't handicap them much. Many of the fancy varieties are quite challenged visually as well.

Goldfish will release eggs whether there's a male around or not. The odds are good that you have at least one male, though.

Can comets really get that big? They are at least 20 25 centre metres long and thats the smaller white one, my fourth fish is a lot smaller maybe 10 centre metres and I didn't see it until I emptied the pond

Can comets really get that big? They are at least 20 25 centre metres long and thats the smaller white one, my fourth fish is a lot smaller maybe 10 centre metres and I didn't see it until I emptied the pond

Yep! You bet!

Well thanks heaps! Does anyone have suggestions on how to help the white one with a sore on his tummy? I don't know what caused it might have been when I was transferring him, now that I have these fish I have taken a huge interest in them and don't want to see them hurting

If that length includes the tail fin (total length) , they are average sized adult comets. If it is just the length of the body (standard length), they are larger than average.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to help the white one with a sore on his tummy? I don't know what caused it might have been when I was transferring him, now that I have these fish I have taken a huge interest in them and don't want to see them hurting

Nice clean water in that holding pond is the best thing you can do for healing. Do change the water regularly if the container is small, since these fish produce a lot of waste and foul their water quickly.

At the moment I have them in one of my circular horse troughs and they seem happy enough they have been in there for 3 days now and I'm planing to change te water 40% today they will be in there for 7 more days before I put them in the pond again