is a 65gallon thats 24high too tall for 3 goldies

I want to upgrade for my trio of goldies (2 ryukins 1-4.5" the other is 2.5" and a fantail at 4.25").

There's a 65gallon on sale for 129.99, dimensions are 36x18x24 (which is perfect for where it would be setup).

Is that too tall for them?

Wow. That's a steal. I don't think it's too tall at all. Sounds beautiful. I love the fact that it's 18 inches deep. With the stand set up would you be able to clean the inside of the tank without a stool? That would be something to think about. I personally wouldn't want to get on a ladder/stool all the time to clean/redecorate. If you get it you def. need to send photo's. How fun.

That tank is the same dimensions as my 40 gallon breeder, only taller of course. :D

Tall tanks are OK for goldies. I would keep a couple of things in mind. Make sure you have some sort of air stone to provide adequate oxygenation. Also if any of your fish develop any sort of swim bladder issues, they may have a bit of difficulty swimming to the bottom of the tank if they are floaty or getting to the top of the tank if they are "sinkers".

If your fish don't show any signs of SBD, 24" should be fine . . . plenty of people have 90ish gallon tanks that are just as tall and their fish do just fine. :D

What size tank are they currently in?

Yeah having a tall tank makes cleaning a bit of a challenge, you just might need a step stool. I'm 5'10ish and on my tippy toes I can just brush the bottom with my fingertips. But it looks so cool! :rofl I love tall tanks.

Goldfish are more about surface area than tank height. With those dimensions, they'll have plenty of surface area for oxygenation, so the depth of the water/height of the tank shouldn't be an issue.

Smegy, I love tall tanks too! But I'm not 5'10" -- I need a stepladder to own one!

i have a 65g also cleaning is a bit tough i use a stool and still cant touch the bottom of the tank but the fish love it

Goldfish are more about surface area than tank height. With those dimensions, they'll have plenty of surface area for oxygenation, so the depth of the water/height of the tank shouldn't be an issue.

Smegy, I love tall tanks too! But I'm not 5'10" -- I need a stepladder to own one!

lol even with a stool i cant touch the bottom of my tank with my hands lol i guess i have short arms also

Thanks all for your input it really helps.

My first tank was an Osaka 155 which is 24h so I do know what it's like lol.

The stand I'm looking at is about 28.5" so hopefully that will offset the height, I just hope it does't go thru the floor of my old house lol.