• * Nitrate level (Tank) 0
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap): 0.5
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Filter is one of those boxes with holes in them containing carbon with wool.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Tetra
  • * Water temperature? 24 degrees, not farenheit.
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 25 daily

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Just set up the quaratine tank, so NA
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gallon quaratine
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, 2 in
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari Oranda Gold
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) none
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? pineconing in in 1 little area
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? floating around recovering from shock :(
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Prazi, 5 rounds
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video. On my phone. Will try to get the picture.

At feeding time, I was just feeding the fish as normal, until I noticed that Biscuit went on a frenzy and didn't notice where she was going, and ended up getting stuck to the filter. Luckily my hands were in the tank hand feeding the others, and I quickly took her off the filter, set up a 10 gallon quaratine, and now here I am in a mess. :( I luckily noticed some pineconing in one little area, as if it was a bump of pine-coning. Help is very well appreciated, and no I don't have any MMs or a syringe if she won't eat.

Scary. Hopefully she just needs some TLC and time. If it is determined MM's are needed, I can send you some.

(sorry for the hugeness of the photo :o)

Near the left gill flap, there is some pineconing. He's also been headstanding ever since this.

Okay, because I'm really nervous about the quaratine tank, I moved her back to the main tank because I'm afraid about whats going to happen. I just set up the tank this morning and I don't think the tank has enough time yet to settle, and I don't have a filter or a airstone yet. Is it fine yet? Right now it's 3:02 PM and I set up the tank around 11. Ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 0. Temperature is 26 degrees celcius, not Fahrenheit.

Is she having problems swimming with the others?

She can't swim properly, often headstands in a corner or a small space. Yes, she isn't as active as she was in the morning.

Hi Orandatchi,

I'm sorry that your fish isn't well, and it most definitely looks like the early stages of dropsy. That also explains why she was stuck to the intake.

She needs to be QT'd, and fed Metro-Meds ASAP. We will also need to know how much she weighs to determine how much she needs to eat. In QT, please do WCs (50%) daily. We will also need an airstone, and a heater, although you do not need to use the heater just yet.

Hey Alex,

I'll set up the quaratine again ASAP, but I don't have a scale or any MMs. :( I am not allowed to buy anything off of goldfishconnection right now, I don't have much money and I'm not allowed really often to buy online. I have lots of airstones, but I don't have any more air pumps. Heaters, I don't have any more either. I'm not sure what to do.

Things I pretty much need right now :(

-MMs

-Air pump

-heater

I would be more than grateful if someone could supply me with these items. :heart:( Fish supplies near me are very expensive, and I don't know how I could afford all these things. Thank you very much if you decide to help me with these items. :heart

I found a scale, but it's in pounds, not grams. :( I need someone to help me estimate her weight. She's 2 inches from head to penducle, and 4 in. with tail

EDIT: She lost a scale.

Edited by Orandatchi♥

Ok you can measure the fish in pounds if it is accurate enough and we can convert.

Heaters are expensive but you can wrap a heating pad in a towel and put the tank on top of it, it will slowly heat the water, you put the heating pad on low. Just keep an eye out for it and have a thermometer at the bottom of the tank.

Is there a tank you could take the air pump out of temporarily? Depending on what filtration you have, just lowering the water level can accomodate aeration temporarily while without an air stone.

Epsom salt is around $1.99-2.99 for a small bag at pharmacies. You only need 1/4 tsp per 10 gal so you don't need a lot. It should just list the ingredient of magnesium sulfate and nothing else.

With repashy you can make an antibacterial food out of seachem: metronidazole and feed them but you will need a scale for this, food scale's accurate to 1 gram cost around $10-15. The ones that are accurate to 0.1 gram cost more.

If all you can do right now is heat and epsom then that's all you can do. I hope you find a way to get meds. :hug

Ok you can measure the fish in pounds if it is accurate enough and we can convert.

She's 0.5 in pounds, which I'm sure is 30 g.

Heaters are expensive but you can wrap a heating pad in a towel and put the tank on top of it, it will slowly heat the water, you put the heating pad on low. Just keep an eye out for it and have a thermometer at the bottom of the tank.

Ok :)

Is there a tank you could take the air pump out of temporarily? Depending on what filtration you have, just lowering the water level can accomodate aeration temporarily while without an air stone.

Nope, I don't have any other air pumps from other tanks. I'll try the filter thing, because I have an HOB I found.

Epsom salt is around $1.99-2.99 for a small bag at pharmacies. You only need 1/4 tsp per 10 gal so you don't need a lot. It should just list the ingredient of magnesium sulfate and nothing else.

Yup, I'll go buy some at Dhoppers Drug Mart :)

With repashy you can make an antibacterial food out of seachem: metronidazole and feed them but you will need a scale for this, food scale's accurate to 1 gram cost around $10-15. The ones that are accurate to 0.1 gram cost more.

I don't have Repashy, or Seachem Metronidazole. D:

If all you can do right now is heat and epsom then that's all you can do. I hope you find a way to get meds. :hug

Thanks, and I already have the MMs covered. Avepico is sending them to me. :)

:o I didn't sutract the water, which might be why. I weighed her again and this time I wrote down the water's weight, then the fish with the waters weight, and got 34 grams.

You will need to feed him aproximately 12-14 pellets daily, just in case you don't have a scale that goes down to .1 gram :) My fish is on MMS right now and weighs the same, so that's how much I've been feeding him.

Edited by sarajo

Update. I just went downstairs to check on Biscuit, and I found him more pineconed, dead with his mouth opened. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 That was really random, and I didn't expect her to die that early. RIP Biscuit. I'll really miss you.