My new oranda!

wteoh1

So yes! I got him last night. I chosed not to QT it because I do not have the time (schoolwork, college apps, etc) and since my local petsmart are pretty careful about their fish. His been 16 hrs in the tank so far his still stress because of his new home and the moving. Everything is very big to him and he needs time to adjust to his surroundings. He is very small and young.

So they were labeled as red-cap oranda in petsmart. His looks a bit like a single tail

102_zps7ead272d.jpg

104_zpsf19af0e3.jpg

105_zpsfc8170fe.jpg

106_zpscf038e72.jpg

107_zpsf3554168.jpg

Saying hi to his two new big buddies

108_zps506b533b.jpg

109_zps02be4812.jpg

110_zps11bc1e7d.jpg

111_zpsb1cb99e8.jpg

Day 1:

112_zps59cf4632.jpg

I'll continue to update everyday to see how he is doing. His a bit frightened, he hasn't ate yet.

I purchased one more bubble wand for my second connector on the air pump. More oxygen and more bubbles!!

Edited by wteoh1

All the best with your new fish.

In some days time your fish will surely adjust.

True, I remember my Oranda got a little sick adjusting when I bought him he didn't eat for 3 days and was in the same spot until he got better and went back to normal

Very nice oranda! Your setup is lovely :)

How do you get your wisteria to grow? Mine has been languishing for over a month, and nothing! :(

Well, I got it when it was normal size.

At first it starting to decay a bit until I realize I needed one more eco complete bag and I had to dig it in deeper.

You can also try Flourish and Flourish Excel. They made my plants grow like crazy

How do you get your wisteria to grow? Mine has been languishing for over a month, and nothing! :(

At first it starting to decay a bit until I realize I needed one more eco complete bag and I had to dig it in deeper.

You can also try Flourish and Flourish Excel. They made my plants grow like crazy

:) Thanks. I use excel daily, and I had it in the eco complete. The roots completely rotted. I'm currently struggling trying to get what's left of the plant to root, and I just don't know if it's going to. :( I picked up a little tube from petsmart today, and I'm going to float it, this time. We'll see if it makes a difference. I hope so because I really love that plant. :)

:) Thanks. I use excel daily, and I had it in the eco complete. The roots completely rotted. I'm currently struggling trying to get what's left of the plant to root, and I just don't know if it's going to. :( I picked up a little tube from petsmart today, and I'm going to float it, this time. We'll see if it makes a difference. I hope so because I really love that plant. :)

How many goldfish you have? Possibly lack of waste

Water quality hard or soft? My water is really soft possibly pretty close to being distilled its filtered soft water.

Water quality hard or soft? My water is really soft possibly pretty close to being distilled its filtered soft water.

3 nice sized fish in a 40b. I have soft water. GH is typically 4-6ish. I have good lighting. I really think that burying the roots, before the plant acclimated, just did it in. Many of the stems were a melted mess. I'm floating the new stems now, but they're really small, so I hope the fish don't eat them.. Lol!

3 nice sized fish in a 40b. I have soft water. GH is typically 4-6ish. I have good lighting. I really think that burying the roots, before the plant acclimated, just did it in. Many of the stems were a melted mess. I'm floating the new stems now, but they're really small, so I hope the fish don't eat them.. Lol!

I don't know what to say but you can ask help in the planted tank photo section and they will help you.

I don't know what to say but you can ask help in the planted tank photo section and they will help you.

:) Thanks doll.

congrats on the new addition! very cute

:SmackBottom: you should always QT though!

I would personally do what Ranchudressing suggesting and treat the whole tank with salt and prazi as a preventative measure.

So Day 2:

His starting to swim more actively and finally began to eat!! He gobbled up 5-6 pellets this morning? So far no issues except that he still showing that he is frightened especially when my two big fancies swim near him he would swim away from them.

0015A93D-7E1A-42C8-B56A-2354E5CD8A1D-4158-00000250337F08DC_zpsb445c675.jpg

1FE4063B-9741-41CF-BBE9-81B47D3651F2-4158-000002502E22461C_zps130baddc.jpg

5098543E-09D2-4B7A-B086-C9D8B78A8519-4158-000002502C0EE6D5_zps5df79361.jpg

Can little goldfish be afraid of big goldfish?

Very nice. :)

No offense intended, but not QTing could one day come back and haunt you in the most terrible way possible. If you don't have time to QT, don't get a new fish, because throwing the fish into the main tank like that could force you into treatment and salvage mode, and that's worse than any QT, and much more time demanding.

We all have gotten fish at places that we thought were extremely reputable and care for their fish well, and still run into problems. That's why places like DO and RG STILL recommend QTing, even though they treat and monitor their fish extremely carefully.

Very nice. :)

No offense intended, but not QTing could one day come back and haunt you in the most terrible way possible. If you don't have time to QT, don't get a new fish, because throwing the fish into the main tank like that could force you into treatment and salvage mode, and that's worse than any QT, and much more time demanding.

We all have gotten fish at places that we thought were extremely reputable and care for their fish well, and still run into problems. That's why places like DO and RG STILL recommend QTing, even though they treat and monitor their fish extremely carefully.

i agree, i made the mistake and had an outbreak of white spot in the main tank, thankful i got it fast enough and it went away about 2 days after i spotted it, surprised me!

Nice little Fish.

And gota say I do really like the look of your tank set out :)

Its a huge risk I'm taking but theres a good chance that there won't by anything

I wouldn't call it a "good" chance. Any chance that you knowingly expose your fish to risk of disease and death should not be considered good. Not to belabor the point, but these kinds of actions tell me that you are more interested in having more fish, rather than keeping the ones you have happy and alive.

There really isn't any good excuse to skip QT, I'm sorry to say.

I'm sorry if I am being militant about the whole QT thing, but we see sick and dying fish way too often because people skip QT.

I will get off my rant box now.