Sign in to follow this  
ema0140

food to enhance colours of fish?

I've seen goldfish food labeled as enhancing rad and orange colours ( I dunno if they actually work) I was wondering if there are any foods to help with white fish? I have white (ish) ryukin but he seems to be going a bit cream coloured around his face area, he's only young and I've seen on other posts in here that fish can change colour but I'm not sure if this is what's happening to him :-/ ( maybe I should try feeding him different food to the coloured fish ?)

http://www.raingarden.us/feeding.pdf

This is a good article to read if you are interesting in what food does what to your fish.

By feeding your fish products with xanthophores you are promoting the yellowing on your white fish. I believe ranchu dressing found a way to keep her white fish white by changing how much pellet food she fed vs other diet options :)

Repashy Soilent Green is a good one. It enhances your white fish and gives it a cream tint, while giving your fish good health and growth. :)

i used to use nutrafin colour enhancing pellets they work well the fish loved them too