Take a picture. It'll last longer.

fantailfan1

Looks great. I do have one suggestion. Looks like you have a lot of top service movement so I would maybe get a floating basket or maybe a breeders net to keep your floating plants in. This well keep the goldfish from eating it and keep the filters from sucking it up ond the bubble stone from tumbling it in a ball. Does that make since? Unless you don't mind the other stuff.

I still have to clean my plants and river rocks of diatoms every 7-10 days too, I am hoping as the tank ages, the diatoms will go away. My tank is now 6 mo old. I am hoping by a year those silicates from the glass will be done leaching into the water.

I have about 10 plants now, I'm not sure they have helped much with the diatoms though my nitrates seem to rise much more slowly.

Another method to keep the diatoms off (for awhile anyways) is I take about 1 tbsp bleach to about 2 gallons water, stick the plants and river rocks in there for about 5 minutes then move them to a bucket of 2g water and prime for about 10 minutes. After that I gently clean them with a toothbrush.

Looks great. I do have one suggestion. Looks like you have a lot of top service movement so I would maybe get a floating basket or maybe a breeders net to keep your floating plants in. This well keep the goldfish from eating it and keep the filters from sucking it up ond the bubble stone from tumbling it in a ball. Does that make since? Unless you don't mind the other stuff.

I wondered about this. I have a breeders basket I use to feed the snails on occasion but I don't know if that will be big enough . . . Is that the kind of floating basket you're talking about or ? :idont