Any other Common Comet goldie lovers?

I noticed that a lot of people here like the fancy goldfish.

Anyone else have a tank full of the common /comet streamlined looking goldies?

I love how fast they look and the way the move .... I wish I had a tank 20 feet long so they could have goldfish races!!!

Any pictures? I would love to see more!

I have a ryukin and a comet living together, I love them both but there is something so sleek and special about watching the comet swim. :) I really look forward to watching her get bigger.

I really have a soft spot for Comets too. But the fantastic bright orange is on my common. At first I didn't like the shabunkin colors, but now my shabunkins have grown on me and they are special too!.

I have nothing against the fancy's ... but I have always liked muscle and fast cars and they sort of reminded me of that.

I haven't had a shubie before, but i've seen some at my LFS and they were adorable and had beautiful colors. :heart

I am a Shubunkin lover, definitely, but I wound up with all fancies due to lack of proper space. One day I hope to have a pond full of them. Those and 'green' comets. (the natural coloration)

Yes :) I mean fancies are amazing, but so are our common, comets and shubunkins. I just have one common now and she is a cutie. I'd love to get more but don't have the room!

OOOO such pretty pictures! I am hoping to take some good pictures soon. I ordered a new background and I am going to take the under gravel filters out in the next few days. (its spews particulates into the tank and my pictures look all grainy ....

Will post pictures here when I get a chance ..... :)

Also how come there are black fancys .. but finding a black comet is like a needle in a haystack?

OOOO such pretty pictures! I am hoping to take some good pictures soon. I ordered a new background and I am going to take the under gravel filters out in the next few days. (its spews particulates into the tank and my pictures look all grainy ....

Also how come there are black fancys .. but finding a black comet is like a needle in a haystack?

I saw one on ebay over the summer!

The one I have is the only one I have ever seen (until I came on this forum) and I completely freaked out when I saw her haha. Also from this forum I learnt that to create them they are koi/goldfish hybrids and they are infertile, so they are probably quite hard to create correctly.

I'm a streamlined single tail lover as well. :D

My tank houses 4 comets and 1 sleek fancy with a tripod tail (upper part of tail is single, lower part is double)

The one I have is the only one I have ever seen (until I came on this forum) and I completely freaked out when I saw her haha. Also from this forum I learnt that to create them they are koi/goldfish hybrids and they are infertile, so they are probably quite hard to create correctly.

That's right. There are some shubbies that are almost black. Raingarden has some beautiful ones.

comets are my fave Goldie's! I have two orange and one shubunkin living with my standard commons, I have a couple of fancies in a separate tank, defo have a soft spot for the comets tho, so fast moving and tails are gorgeous I find them to be so much more curious than the fancies

I strongly prefer the long bodied fish, although my fancy babies from last spring are just super cute.

I don't think it's any more difficult to get a black comet or hibuna than it is to get a black fancy (which is hard if you want the black to last). However since black or even wild-colored fish are virtually invisible in a pond, there's little reason to produce them.

I love them. my daughter got a common from the fair many years ago.who now lives with a commet. I dont go on fish forums much as im fed up of people telling me to give them away to someone with a pond. I like having them to look at and love how smart they are. :)

I love them. my daughter got a common from the fair many years ago.who now lives with a commet. I dont go on fish forums much as im fed up of people telling me to give them away to someone with a pond. I like having them to look at and love how smart they are. :)

Hear, hear! Particularly since people with ponds are all overstocked.

LOL - I love them too! I have a 120 gal and they love to swim from one end to the other :)

I have to admit I had no idea how much room goldfish would take up. (to have a healthy tank) I am overstocked too, and haven't decided how to deal with it yet. I pond is pretty much out cause winter is longer up here then outdoor time, and I don't have pond winter housing for fishies space available. We shall see what happens. They are small for now, so I have time to make a good change for them.

It was shubunkins that got me into goldfish, even though I own mostly fancies now I still have a slight preference over the single tails and own a common and a sarassa comet. My shubunkin unfortunately passed away last week and I'm still deciding if I should get another one.