Snail Advice

Mikey

I have a big snail and a little snail. The little snail is new but I don't see any parasites and has been in QT for a week on Friday. Can I put him in my tank today? He has nothing wrong with him. But with the bigger snail I see parasites like little worms coming out if a crevis on his shell and I cleaned it out and brown gunk and stuff came out and he will be staying in QT until I see nothing. But I mean the little one looks perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Mikey

Are they in the same quarantine container, or have you used any same equipment for their separate QT containers? If the answer is yes to either of those, then you really need to keep them both in QT until both of them are okay.

That's strange about the worms coming out of his shell, I've never seen anything like that before... :/

What have you done as far as QT? Have you been doing large daily WCs?

Also this may be a silly question but are you sure the worms aren't poo? Did you take pics? :idont

they are in a little container and when I tap on the plastic, the worms go back in. its like right under the opening. And no I don't have a good phone yet.... :/. And yes 100% WC daily.

Are they in the same quarantine container, or have you used any same equipment for their separate QT containers? If the answer is yes to either of those, then you really need to keep them both in QT until both of them are okay.

That's strange about the worms coming out of his shell, I've never seen anything like that before... :/

Looks like they are not going in. And it is weird.

Edited by mikeydude319

Hmmm, thats odd. I LOVE snails but never have I seen anything like that...

I really don't know either. So confused. But I want everyone parasite free so they can go into my tank (SO MUCH ALGAE!!!) Can I put them in the ten gallon tank with my rescue dropsy fish and use prazi pro liquid? I read comments on Amazon that is didn't effect the snails or hermit crabs in their tank but I know not to completely trust Amazon so I will ask on here.