Prazi?

Hello, just curious as to where I can buy prazi or something similar in Australia? Or if any one has some that they don't need I would be happy to buy it :) Thanks for your help

• Supporter

i have tried both, i feel the powder is more effective. the liquid is less messy, however, i didn't find the results as fast as i did with the powder. we aussies can buy the tablet form, but it needs to be finely crushed. it will look like snow in your tank until the filters deal with it. can take a few hours or upto a day.

this is what i buy:

blueplanetfluketapewormtabs_zps0623c45c.jpg

the other one is AquaMaster's fluke and tapeworm tablets. it is the same product as pictured above, however the AquaMaster tabs are more expensive :)

hope this helps :)

• Supporter

Helen: Do you just dose using the tablets as informed on the bottle or do you have a special better way?

i dose like this. day of wc, after the fill, 1.5 times the recommended dose. leave in for 4 days (provided your filter(s) is cycled), wc 3 days later... so that's a weekly wc routine. right?

i do this for 5 weeks.

prazi becomes innactive after 3-4 days. you can do a small waterchange after 4 days, but don't miss the large wc each week. the small wc will be an addition to the weekly routine, not a replacement. ok?

Helen: Do you just dose using the tablets as informed on the bottle or do you have a special better way?

i dose like this. day of wc, after the fill, 1.5 times the recommended dose. leave in for 4 days (provided your filter(s) is cycled), wc 3 days later... so that's a weekly wc routine. right?

i do this for 5 weeks.

prazi becomes innactive after 3-4 days. you can do a small waterchange after 4 days, but don't miss the large wc each week. the small wc will be an addition to the weekly routine, not a replacement. ok?

So just to make sure I understand correctly.

1) Do normal weekly water change

2) Dose 1.5 times recommended dose

3)Do (small?) water change 3-4 days later

4)Do weekly water change aswell

5) Dose again and repeat each week for a total of 5

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly sorry! And do you add any salt too?

• Supporter

yep.. you got it.. salt aswell :)

the mid small water change should only be about 30-40% and basically to just siphon out any dead parasites and/or toxins that may be lingering :)

the mid small water change should only be about 30-40% and basically to just siphon out any dead parasites and/or toxins that may be lingering :)

Awesome, thanks a lot :) Going to do it for my Clementine. And I've seen that product in some stores near me so that's great!

Edited by Andrea

• Supporter

Awesome, thanks a lot :) Going to do it for my Clementine. And I've seen that product in some stores near me so that's great!

very good. if you get stuck with finding it in stores, let me know and i will send you some to get you started :)