Sign in to follow this  
Moucho+Moncho

Tetra Food!

Ok, so I normally use Hiraki or ProGold with my goldfish but I saw these Tetra stick-on-to your tank things and I got them! They come in 3 flavors ( I think ) and I got the veggie flavor. Basically you get these little disks and you stick them on to your glass tank, and hold for 15 seconds. Then let your goldfish eat! My goldfish LOVE them!

Edited by Moucho+Moncho

That's a neat idea! :)

Based on the ingredients list, I would just feed as an occasional treat (I assume you had planned to do this anyway since you said you feed primarily hikari and progold ;) ). I don't like that sugars and sorbitol show up in the ingredients, and dried skim milk seems like an odd first ingredient :idont I'm sure they are fine as an occasional treat though :)

Dried Skim Milk, Fish Meal, Potato Protein, Dried Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Ground Brown Rice, Shrimp Meal, Algae Meal, Feeding Oat Meal, Sugars, Zucchini, Tuna Oil, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Sorbitol, Lecithin, Monobasic Calcium Phosphate, Etc.

That just seems to be what Tetra considers to be 'Veggie', since my algae disks were pretty similar... I get the impression that they are not a very good brand.

I hate it that they put all of those starches and grain in fish food. Since when have you seen a fish grazing in a wheat field?

Edited by LoriF

I hate it that they put all of those starches and grain in fish food. Since when have you seen a fish grazing in a wheat field?

Where would a fish naturally find peas and spinach?

Where would a fish naturally find peas and spinach?

And this is why we don't feed them this daily either.

Having said that, it is clear and known that starches can cause many digestive problems for goldfish, whereas the spinach and peas actually can relieve them.

The best diet is one that minimizes or eliminates starch. Too much starch is bad for everyone, including humans. :)

Ok, so I normally use Hiraki or ProGold with my goldfish but I saw these Tetra stick-on-to your tank things and I got them! They come in 3 flavors ( I think ) and I got the veggie flavor. Basically you get these little disks and you stick them on to your glass tank, and hold for 15 seconds. Then let your goldfish eat! My goldfish LOVE them!

Could you post a link or exact name of this Tetra product?