Sign in to follow this  
alex538

Please help my black moor

Hi, thanks for helping me. I’ve two goldfish in my tank and recently-for the past few days- my black moor has been acting really lethargic, sitting in the same corner- he’d swim around a bit, then go to the exact corner behind a plant. So, worried about the ammonia levels, I decided a water change was in order, and in the middle of siphoning out the water, the poor black moor got sucked in and got stuck between the tube and the vacuum. I got him out, but his protruding eyes seemed to have ruptured, the skin flows around his eyes, you can see his eyes but they don’t protrude. I don’t think he can see anything and he still seems extremely lethargic and doesn’t move around unless the other goldfish bumps into him. I'll post pictures and a video as soon as my phone turns on.

Test Results for the Following:

• * Ammonia Level (tank): I’m sorry, I can’t give any information about the water.
  • * Nitrite Level (tank)
  • * Nitrate level (Tank)
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap):
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap)
  • * Nitrate level (Tap)
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

• * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?- N/A
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? I don’t remember the name but it was a 20-30 gallon filter.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? “Startup Kit”
  • * Water temperature? Hovering around 60 F
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Typically once a week at about 25%

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, I was worried and was in the process of a 40% change though
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? Fifteen, two months
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? Two, about an inch and a half each
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Once a day, a pinch of betta flakes.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? No
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) None at all
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No, aside from the lack of protruding eyes and the skin around the face
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? The other goldfish is fine- though he does like to sit between the filter and the wall of the tank, but the black moor stays at the bottom and seems to be gasping for air
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Absolutely no problems until now
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.

I'd like for you to upload some pics or a video of the fish and your tank, please.

Also, can you take a sample of your water (tank and tap) and bring them to an LFS and ask them to do readings for you? Make sure to write down the actual numeric answers, and not things like "ideal" "normal" etc.

When you go to your LFS, since the water parameters are so important, please look and see if they have the " API Freshwater Master Test Kit " and purchase it if you can. If they do not have it ordering it off of Amazon is another good option. This kit is the most accurate that we here at Koko's know of, and much more economical than the strips in the long run. It is a drop test kit. Otherwise you'll have to be going to the LFS often to have the water tested, as parameters are very important to know to help your fish heal.

Okay, I'm sorry, how do you attach? I'm clueless, I'm sorry

Okay, I'm sorry, how do you attach? I'm clueless, I'm sorry

No worries. Please look at the link in my sig about posting vids/pics.

iaza17495817932000.jpg

Pic as well. I'll try to get a water testing kit ASAP, but what can I do until then? I'm really worried.

I think for now the only thing we can advise unfortunately is to change out the water about 10-20% at a time. Do this often, but with at least 2 hours between each WC. We need to know the parameters.

Also, to be honest with you, when a fish is this badly off, the chances of helping him/her is small. :(

Alright, thanks for being honest with me. Poor baby.. I changed the water around five, I guess I'll change it again. He seems pretty stable, but now I'm scared he'll get sucked up again.

You can try to baffle the flow and the intake tube so that the suction isn't too much right now...

Thank you everyone, but he's gone. While I was at school he become so weak that he couldn't swim away from the suction of the filter. He got stuck there and passed on. Thank you for trying to help.

:rip:

I'm so sorry :(