Sign in to follow this  
Phillyn17

A useful tank glass cleaner...

Hi guys..... :hi

I don't know if I'm lucky, but I get algae in abundance in both my tanks. Some of this obviously sticks to the tanks' inner glass, and although I have a powerful magnetic cleaner to remove the algae, the bristles on the cleaner sometimes leave very fine lines on the glass. It's also difficult to get the magnet right up to the edges of the side and base areas.

To complete the job thoroughly and get rid of these lines, I use an old credit card....its soft enough to ensure the glass is not scratched, and lasts for months!!

Hope this helps......apologies to anyone who has already thought of this!! :flowers

Ooh thanks I have an algae scraper by put it just doesn't work that great this should WordPerfect

But. I don't have a credit card and I'd spend it like there's no tomorrrow if I had one. :rofl

But. I don't have a credit card and I'd spend it like there's no tomorrrow if I had one. :rofl

LOL!!!! Well just use one that somebody else has discarded...preferably American Express....it cleans faster!!!! :bye2:

great idea!

D3E30045-57C5-4FEB-98D1-F81F46174CD5-2947-00000407ADBF8DFE_zps425b7f2e.jpg I shop with the classy credit card it's excepted at any imagination capable store :D

:rofl

I use this method!! It really woks great, doesn't it?

D3E30045-57C5-4FEB-98D1-F81F46174CD5-2947-00000407ADBF8DFE_zps425b7f2e.jpg I shop with the classy credit card it's excepted at any imagination capable store :D

You shouldn't have attached an image of this credit card of yours Gus......I've just bought a new tank, pump and two new fish with the details off it on-line!!!!

Yes.....today I was Mr Fisher-Price :carrot: :carrot:

Edited by Phillyn17

You shouldn't have attached an image of this credit card of yours Gus......I've just bought a new tank, pump and two new fish with the details off it on-line!!!!

forget the dog ill take the fish and my flying monkeys are on route for collection eh he he he :tomuch:

Hello. I have found if you want streak free glass eyeglass cloth's work great.

Hello. I have found if you want streak free glass eyeglass cloth's work great.

Is that on the inside of the tank Heidi? :)

I had no idea you were a hyphenate, PhilLyn Fisher-Price. All I need now is your birthday, and Guinness preference, and all your riches will be mine own. :rofl

I had no idea you were a hyphenate, PhilLyn Fisher-Price. All I need now is your birthday, and Guinness preference, and all your riches will be mine own. :rofl

Yes Yafa we've been hyphenated for several years now....but we're taking the medication. LOL!!! :rolleyes:

The information you requested....

• Birthday....25/12/0000
  • Guinness preference...."Draught".

Oh BTW.......PIN number for the Fisher-Price credit card is 3287!!!! :clapping:

Yes Yafa we've been hyphenated for several years now....but we're taking the medication. LOL!!! :rolleyes:

• Birthday....25/12/0000

:o!!! Phil, this is an online forum! Do you want someone else to max out the card, before I can buy something?! Lol!

I guess an eyeglass cloth wouldn't be so good on the inside of the tank. It is good for the outside glass. LOL.

I guess an eyeglass cloth wouldn't be so good on the inside of the tank. It is good for the outside glass. LOL.

Nice one!!! :clapping:

• Birthday....25/12/0000

:o!!! Phil, this is an online forum! Do you want someone else to max out the card, before I can buy something?! Lol!

sorry yafa I already bought that 400 gallon and those four rain garden fish I wanted :lol last I checked it is maxed to the full :rofl Edited by Gustave