Can you find my fish?

I just took this photo for the TOTM, and when I looked at it I thought of a fun "game". :D

How about you guys try to find my fish? It may not look like it but this tank is well stocked. At the time of the photo taken there was:

1 angelfish

1 large pleco

2 platy

3 otocinclus

4 peppered cory

5 bloodfin tetras

5 female bettas

8 black neons

So that is a total of 29 fish. How many do you find? :D

wherearethefish_zps6c62d834.jpg

I personally can spot: the angel (that's easy lol), the pleco, the two platies, 4 bloodfins, 5 black neons, 2 otos, 1 betta - and literally none of the corys.

I don't get how my betta girls are always so hard to find, they are so colorful but invisible. LOL

I can only find 8! I love planted tanks that are so well covered that you can't always spot the fish. Your tank is beautiful as always.

Quick stupid planted tank question...so when you do water changes, how do you avoid uprooting all the plants in the process? Is it kind of just inevitable? I ask because I have a small planted 10g that I clean by siphoning out water and then refilling with buckets of clean water. However, there's no real way to add water back in without completely messing up the plants which take forever to replant nicely again. Since you have a larger tank do you not experience this as much? I was thinking of siphoning the clean water from the bucket into my tank so the current doesn't disrupt the plants as much, or perhaps holding some of the roots down with small rocks but I would love any suggestions or tricks you might have. :)

I can only find 8! I love planted tanks that are so well covered that you can't always spot the fish. Your tank is beautiful as always.

Quick stupid planted tank question...so when you do water changes, how do you avoid uprooting all the plants in the process? Is it kind of just inevitable? I ask because I have a small planted 10g that I clean by siphoning out water and then refilling with buckets of clean water. However, there's no real way to add water back in without completely messing up the plants which take forever to replant nicely again. Since you have a larger tank do you not experience this as much? I was thinking of siphoning the clean water from the bucket into my tank so the current doesn't disrupt the plants as much, or perhaps holding some of the roots down with small rocks but I would love any suggestions or tricks you might have. :)

I refill it with a garden hose that is hooked up to the faucet. I do the same thing with my planted 5g tank, I just turn the water on very low so there is not so much current.

You can also use an empty glass measuring cup or a heavy bowl, set it on the bottom of the tank and pour the water into the cup/bowl, this way it will flow over the edge of the cup/bowl instead of violently splashing into the tank :)

I only found 11 of them. I don't think I found any of the bettas.

Do you know what I think you should do? After a couple of days, circle or draw arrows pointing to all the fish that you see on photoshop or something, so that we can see where they are, and laugh at ourselves for not seeing them. It's completely up to you, but I would love to see where the fish are hiding!

Also, the plants and design in your tank are absolutely stunning!

• 1 month later...