My new background

EdgarTheFish

Since I'm broke and bored and off of work until Monday I decided to finally make myself a new background.

I got old fabric and lace and roses from my grandmother as she was throwing out her craft things and I hijacked them. I used packing tape in case I want the fabric/lace/roses for another project sometime later and it surprisingly worked perfectly.

I wrapped the fabric around a piece of cardboard cut to fit my tank, then taped the lace on:

021_zps8a0c3fef.jpg

022_zpsa93d16b7.jpg

017_zpsc8ca3541.jpg

Then I taped on a lace piece that was originally made to go over a candle holder or a centerpiece (I think) and I cut out a lace flower from a piece of scratch lace that was floating around my craft box:

025_zpsa56d9dc7.jpg

I attached little flowers to the lace piece, clapped my hands together and said "ta da!"

028_zpsb10256a5.jpg

030_zps761895d3.jpg

031_zps45a23d6d.jpg

then I taped it to my tank:

060_zps42632dc9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! I wish I was as creative as all you guys.... I have no background on any of my tanks (yet) because I have no idea what to do!! Ugh. lol I really need to stop putting my background project off so I can have a awesome background like you! I love it!!