Sign in to follow this  
Heidi_Rayanne

Messy egg experiment

Just feed hard boiled egg yolk to my three little pigs and the loved it! Best hit yet! However; it polluted my water up something awful! I thought it would fall in clumps that they would be able to pick at or catch but it just dissolved instantly, sometimes faster than they could get to it. Now I have a tank full of egg dust and three bloated but content goldfish, lazily swimming through the more concentrated clouds. I hope they enjoyed it because I'm not doing that again, its going to take several water changes to get it all out.

At least they enjoyed themselves ;)

Lol! I've done that before and came to the same conclusion.

Try boiled egg white instead; egg yolk is high in fat. The boiled version as you did is a decent fry food, but for adults not so great.

Boiled egg white is high in protein and my fish love it as snack! I don't feed it very often though, maybe once every couple weeks as a special meal. :)

It's like taking your fish to a buffet with food that they don't normally eat. :)