Fantail's at Petco

Rojo

So today i went to petco to pick up some gravel not by choice but out of compromise. Anywho whenever i walk into a pet shop i always go look at the goldfish selection and for some reason petco stopped ordering goldfish they said something about there goldfish tanks...... go figure

But as i was talking to the rep there i notice two beautiful faintails, swimming in the plant tanks they have, they where so beautiful with amazing tails color and size they where up for adoption and needless to say they almost came home with me! but it would have been a fight with my wife lol. But i cant stop thinking about them i want to go back and get them tomorrow ill go during my lunch break and take pictures so you guys can see what beauties they where.

You should not be asking us whether or not to get the goldfish!! We will say yes, then suggest getting a bigger tank bc you are overstocked!! ;) I think you should get them....

Lol! Go back and get them. You can hide them in the plants--say they must have hitch hiked.... ;)

That is one idea i had but i will be over stocked if i ad one more fish to my tank i cant imagine two beautiful fan tails and im moving back to the mainland next month so those are some things i have to think about but i cant stop myself from wanting to buy them :)

Guest Yellanda

There's a local fish store in my area that occasionally ships in fancy goldfish from Singapore. I have bought 3 of them over the past few years and I'm at my limit! I can't descibe the agony i go through when i see another beauty that i have to pass up for fear of being over stocked! I think we all know what you're going through.

You should not be asking us whether or not to get the goldfish!! We will say yes, then suggest getting a bigger tank bc you are overstocked!! ;) I think you should get them....

Haha ain't that the truth!

Ahhh I feel your pain. I went to Petco a couple of days ago and they had tiny chocolate pom poms! I've never seen a store carry pom poms and one of the guys was so adorable! On a positive note that store's tanks are almost always terrible but this time they were clean and the fish looked great. That made me happy, though leaving without my pom pom buddy did not.

There's a local fish store in my area that occasionally ships in fancy goldfish from Singapore. I have bought 3 of them over the past few years and I'm at my limit! I can't descibe the agony i go through when i see another beauty that i have to pass up for fear of being over stocked! I think we all know what you're going through.

I feel the pain now lol

Just make sure you have enough room for them! :D

Other than that, make sure you take plenty of photos :D :D :D

I cant wait to let you guys know what happened

Haha ain't that the truth!

Ahhh I feel your pain. I went to Petco a couple of days ago and they had tiny chocolate pom poms! I've never seen a store carry pom poms and one of the guys was so adorable! On a positive note that store's tanks are almost always terrible but this time they were clean and the fish looked great. That made me happy, though leaving without my pom pom buddy did not.

Chocolate pom poms! i would have taken all of them and figured it out when i got home :)

So to update everyone i went to petco after work to take pictures and one thing led to another and i adopted them! but since i dont want to be overstocked my buddy decided to get back into the hobby and he bought a 30g setup and we brought them home! im so glad they are not at petco anymore

This is them at petco

74DFDE82-orig_zpsf8d0b98d.jpg

9DF625A6-orig_zps39a1e776.jpg

This was last night settled into their new home!

FE7D4401-orig_zpsa5d8b908.jpg

8378162D-orig_zps6c7ea163.jpg

98201D46-orig_zpsed2c353b.jpg

and this was this morning

C3E60C68-orig_zps68c595af.jpg

yes those tail are beautiful and i will stay on top of the parameters, i also brought over a cup full of my tank water and threw it into his filter im thinking of lending him one of my aquaclear70 but im not sure how good of an idea that is.. i also told him that he might have to do daily water changes.

I know how you feel. I am eyeballing a black oranda and I know I don't have anymore tank space. My mind is still working out the details though. LOL

Hello just to update you all on the fish they are happy the parameters are in order and I couldnt be happier my friend and his beautiful family love them and I ask for the fish almost everyday. Things worked out for the better

They are wonderful. I love fantails. Can you give your friend some media from your filter to jump start is cycle? Don't think your cup of water well help much.

So when is your buddy going to join us here? lol

They are wonderful. I love fantails. Can you give your friend some media from your filter to jump start is cycle? Don't think your cup of water well help much.

So when is your buddy going to join us here? lol

II thought of that I will guve him some of my media to him after church today. He has since joined the forum I will tell him to comment on this thread.

So glad they found a nice home. :)

Thank you im also glad but I am a little envious that they dont live with me;)

i though you were going to say they were neglected and had deformities :no:

that would have been more heartbreaking. i would have taken them either way,

Just wanted to add that like what Hidr said, to expand a little. Beneficial bacteria are substrate bound, living in our filters or gravel. To help seed his tank cycle, there are several ways to do it :)

You can give him some of your bio rings or one of your filter pads. You can also get some of his bio rings or filter pads and in a large bucket, add a little bit of dechlorinated water.

Then basically, rub your filter pad onto his, getting all the good goops onto his :). Swish your filter around in the dechlorinated water and then put his goopy one in there to absorb the beneficial bacteria that have been squeezed from your own filter. Let it sit overnight and he'll have a good seeded filter.

Just wanted to add that like what Hidr said, to expand a little. Beneficial bacteria are substrate bound, living in our filters or gravel. To help seed his tank cycle, there are several ways to do it :) You can give him some of your bio rings or one of your filter pads. You can also get some of his bio rings or filter pads and in a large bucket, add a little bit of dechlorinated water. Then basically, rub your filter pad onto his, getting all the good goops onto his :). Swish your filter around in the dechlorinated water and then put his goopy one in there to absorb the beneficial bacteria that have been squeezed from your own filter. Let it sit overnight and he'll have a good seeded filter.

Nice thank you for the help i will do that today