5.5 Weeks! (Pic Heavy)

IvoryValentine01

yeah, right now they have enuff room. I do note that there are some again that have pretty much leveled off growing...so there will be more culling likely...sad, but if they're not gonna grow, they're not gonna grow and all it's really gonna do is mess with the others growing correctly.

the white baby is now in a 3 gallon glass jar with a sponge filter and a LED light...which gives it plenty of room to grow and also gets another fish out of the tub it came out of.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white baby needs a name...& I'm drawing a total blank. Someone suggested Boo...but I used to have a cat name Boo. Someone else suggested Igloo...which is cute and unisex...but IDK. Anyone else have any name ideas for it?

Ok, so the babies are gonna be 6 weeks old tomorrow. I culled again yesterday, the ones that were no longer growing & a few that were not swimming well. So down to 48 double tails total (including the separated white one who's doing splendidly in its 3 gallon jar). This morning I moved the 6 biggest ones into their own bigger tub (18 gallon). So far, so good. I'm planning to go out this weekend & get 4 more 18 gallon tubs.

Oh lovely pictures and such nice clear pics.

Mine are the same age to a week younger than yours.

Theyr brilliant arent they <3

Thanks. They are utterly fascinating to watch...always doing something entertaining. And watching them grow up has been quite interesting. The 6 biggest actually look so much like real fish now it's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago they looked more like tadpoles.

Ok, the babies are now 6wks & 2 days old...I went out and rounded up tubs yesterday. There are 47 double tails total. 5-18 gallon tubs housing 6 each, white baby in its 3 gallon jar, Boomerang & Spade (2 special needs babies) in a 5 gallon aquarium with a heater (I'm hoping the extra warmth helps them grow a little better) and 1-12 gallon tub housing the 14 smallest babies. I have yet to sort out the single tails so they are 28 total split equally into 2-12.5 gallon tubs. And again, I say THERE ARE FISH EVERYWHERE!

Seriously, when I had them in the 10 gallon & they were so small & hard to count, I thought maybe there were 100...I freaked out & it was my hubby who told me to just let them grow. And then when there was a count of 234, I freaked out again. There are just 46 double tails and 28 single tails now. & really, the fact that there are still this many is more his fault than mine. The bigger they got & the more they started to look like fish, I had no interest in culling any further. So, I have baby fish everywhere & they're being well taken care of. He thinks I'm nuts & doesn't understand all the time I spend tending to all the my fish anyway (he calls the fish in the main tank 'uppity'). So he can keep his mouth shut about it. & in all actuality, when I went out shopping for bigger tubs this weekend, I did buy 7-18 gallon tubs but 2 did not survive his maniacal driving around the lumber yard, the stack tipped over hard in the back of the car & when we got home I found that 2 of them were cracked on the bottom...which he got good & yelled at for. I am quite snippy when it comes to messing with my fish. We're good for right now tho...& I'm planning to take new pics some time today.

the babies are 6 weeks & 4 days today...these pics were taken yesterday of the babies from each of the 5-18 gallon tubs housing 6 each...

the babies of Tub#1 (the biggest)...

DBTsTub111_zps3510a0e9.jpg

DBTsTub101_zps153a644e.jpg

DBTsTub107_zpscf95a0bb.jpg

DBTsTub103_zps5228e18f.jpg

the babies of Tub #2...

DBTsTub214_zpsefd4391f.jpg

DBTsTub215_zps0b8dd8be.jpg

DBTsTub210_zpsb4e6f047.jpg

DBTsTub204_zpsfadcdaa9.jpg

DBTsTub203_zps2b2c0dfb.jpg

the babies of Tub #3...