Sign in to follow this  
neeceee2

New Tank for Yin and Yang

I had planned to start a pond for my fish but decided on a new tank instead. got a 20 % discount becouse they had the wrong stand, but i like it. It gives me about 16+gal of extra water. This filter is much stronger than my oler setup. The light is much brighter as well. I am sure my two fish will be happier. just wanted to share. Please excuse the cloudy water I just got it set up. I hope the light is ok it is a t8 full spectrume i think, The tank is no longer infront of a window. Acouple of pics.

http://i1251.photobu...zpse85469b7.jpg

http://i1251.photobu...zps01130043.jpg

tank

Aqueon 45 Gallon Aquarium Ensemble with Stand

stand

Marineland® Euro Aquarium, LED Light and Stand

filter

Aqueon® Power Filter QuietFlow 55/75

ratings.gif

Looks great! Your fish are big and I'm sure they are enjoying the extra space!

Your new filter filters 400 gph so you are slightly under filtered if that is the only filter you have on the tank. Hopefully you transfered your old filter onto the new tank? :idont

I transfered some of the filter pads to save the cycle but will need to modify the hood to put in another filter. I had 2 11gal filters and a 30 gal filter on my 29 gal and what i found was i was way under filtered will try to fix the hood tomorrow to fit the 30 gal filter. so by tommorow it will be up to par. I have to tare down and clean the other tank. my mom wants to get a salt water fish for that one. Thanks for looking.

Congratulations, lovely tank! It's awesome you got it discounted too. :)

Keep an eye on your water parameters in case you experience a cycle bump. ;)

Got it all fixed now. My brother in law did great job cutting out an additioal opening. With no pre stamped hole he had to eye ball it. nice and round, looks as good as the pre measured one. filters on oppisit ends. Now have 550gallon filtration per hour. Yin and Yang seem happy swimming around. Should make a big diff in keeping the water in great condition. Still only keeping the two fish, Thats why the tank was not bigger. May look into getting some plants if I can find nice ones, hard in my area. I so happy and glad I decided to keep them inside. :carrot::clapping:

So glad he was able to figure out a way to get the other filter on!! Your fish will looove the extra space and filtration. :D