Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Video of the Sorority

So I don't get beaten with the Koko's stick, a video of the sorority. As you can probably figure out on your own this was taken during feeding a few pellets and within a minute the entire community starts rioting. :rofl

I love how at about 3:25 the yellow girl is trying to escape with an entire pellet while an armada of bloodfin tetras is chasing after her :rofl2

Sucky Fishie is such a good boy too. None of the little fish are in any way scared of him; sometimes I even see one of the otos sit right on top of this gentle giant! I just wish he'd be a little nicer to my plants during feeding time. No wonder I find half of them uprooted every week. I need to make him a larger clearing on one side of the tank :D

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Well.......koko HAS been paddling us with the stick a lot lately. :rofl

3:25 is hilarious! :rofl How large is your pleco?

Thank you for sharing. :)

:lol do you starve the fish, it looks like abunch of homeless people fighting over food :rofl:tomuch:

Nice update

That is a great way to put it! :rofl

No they actually get fed well. You can see my fat and stuffed betta girls in the betta photo topic, and these pics were taken the night before :D

Well.......koko HAS been paddling us with the stick a lot lately. :rofl

3:25 is hilarious! :rofl How large is your pleco?

Thank you for sharing. :)

Thanks!

He is actually quite small, probably due to the fact that the beginner-me had no idea that common plecos should not be kept in a 10g :doh11:

He is now about about... 4 1/2 years old and only somewhere around 8 or 9" full length. Considered that his kind grows to be anywhere between 1-2 feet at adult size, he is a really little guy :)

Lovely video! Where do you find such gorgeous female bettas?

Sucky Fishie reminds me of a whale shark, the way he just waddled over and landed on the feeding spot. Too much. I wonder, do you know if having the girls in with a bunch of other fish helps to cut down on the chance of agression, or would they do just as well if it were just them? I love the platties, they're so pretty. Thanks for the video, Fang. :)

Instead of the pleco bringing everyone to the house, he scares everyone away. :rofl

Lovely video! Where do you find such gorgeous female bettas?

Thanks! They're all from Petsmart. They have such beautiful crowntails, especially. I have in fact seen at least two more that I really liked, just a few days ago, but I am unsure about adding any more since these five get along so nicely so far. Kind of don't want to jinx myself :D

Sucky Fishie reminds me of a whale shark, the way he just waddled over and landed on the feeding spot. Too much. I wonder, do you know if having the girls in with a bunch of other fish helps to cut down on the chance of agression, or would they do just as well if it were just them? I love the platties, they're so pretty. Thanks for the video, Fang. :)

I have wondered about that myself. I may be wrong, but I can imagine that being kept in such a large tank with a lot of other fish may keep things even more peaceful, although classic sororities usually are in a 10-20g tank with only female bettas, and that seems to work just as well. :)

Instead of the pleco bringing everyone to the house, he scares everyone away. :rofl

Yeah, for about 5 seconds and then they are all back. I love how he accidentally used the one cory as lollipop for a second there :rofl2

Wow that's amazing! I love it. Makes me want a pleco one day :) Do you worry your pleco will suck on anyone one day? I don't know about your betta, but mine sleeps on the ground and though I'd love to put a bristlenose in with him, I'm too worried for him!

Wow that's amazing! I love it. Makes me want a pleco one day :) Do you worry your pleco will suck on anyone one day? I don't know about your betta, but mine sleeps on the ground and though I'd love to put a bristlenose in with him, I'm too worried for him!

Usually plecos will not go after fish if the pleco stays well fed. The problem with plecos is usually that they don't get enough food since they are nocturnal and often more shy than the other fish. Being starved then, they may go after the fish since this is the only food source for them.

If you clip fresh veggies into the tank every 2-3 days and leave them in there until gone, the pleco is very unlikely to go after a fish - unless the fish is ill or injured, but in those cases the fish should be removed anyway because ANY tank mate (even of the same breed) may go after him. :)

Nice :) A (common?) pleco is definitely on the wish list for the future and maybe a bristlenose for the nearer future :)

Nice :) A (common?) pleco is definitely on the wish list for the future and maybe a bristlenose for the nearer future :)

Commons should be kept in a quite large tank though. :) My guy is rather stunted because he used to live in a 10g tank for most of his "childhood", so he only grew to be 8-9". Usually these guys get to be 18" or even bigger. :)

Commons should be kept in a quite large tank though. :) My guy is rather stunted because he used to live in a 10g tank for most of his "childhood", so he only grew to be 8-9". Usually these guys get to be 18" or even bigger. :)

A guy I use to know must have owned a full grown one, it was huge! But yeah that is definitely why it is a future thing and by future, I mean 10 years+ haha. Aw well he is very cute, I just imagined he was a baby. Did you adopt him?

A guy I use to know must have owned a full grown one, it was huge! But yeah that is definitely why it is a future thing and by future, I mean 10 years+ haha. Aw well he is very cute, I just imagined he was a baby. Did you adopt him?

No, I accidentally tortured him when I first started out with fish and "knew everything about fish keeping" :rolleyes: (like 8 goldfish and 2 common plecs in a 10g tank is perfectly fine...... :doh11: )

No, I accidentally tortured him when I first started out with fish and "knew everything about fish keeping" :rolleyes: (like 8 goldfish and 2 common plecs in a 10g tank is perfectly fine...... :doh11: )

We've all been there but at least you know he is very happy now with all those other fishies and lots of space :)

Love it! :)