Sign in to follow this  
number20121

"Pond Fish" Photos

I realized that I have literally not properly updated on a lot of my fish in pretty much FOREVER. Last night I took a whole lot of photos of some of the tanks and fish.

I called this topic "pond fish" because some of my tanks remind me of indoor ponds-ISH. Although they are not as aesthetic as many of the other tanks of members, I love them for the more "natural-ish" look with algae, (floating) pond plants etc.

Each of the following tanks has various anubias, hornwort, duckweed, frogbit, water lettuce and riccia natans, and some of them have some pothos in the filter. There also is quite a bit of algae in the main tank where I dropped some extra fish in for the photo shoot :lol

Anyway, here we go. First the main tank with all the algae. The fish feed on the various algae all day long and I feed only once or twice daily some soilent green - if at all - and once or twice weekly some frozen food. Normally I only keep the single tails in here.

I noticed though that I took a lot of pics of Bullet (the ranchu). He is such a cutie and he got so big. He is almost as big as Banana now and he has the cutest face and the most gorgeous tail tuck.

100_9478_zpsed198bfc.jpg

100_9482_zps0c8c523d.jpg

100_9484_zps77ca966f.jpg

100_9487_zpsc4dbafce.jpg

100_9496_zps2e544515.jpg

100_9509_zpsfb56c680.jpg

100_9512_zps86d4f0a0.jpg

This photo made me laugh SO HARD last night.

100_9528_zpsed66fa31.jpg

100_9529_zpsa6953c7b.jpg

100_9546_zps5b24d9af.jpg

"Hurrrr hurrr I'm Finny!"

100_9558_zpsbae2fa71.jpg

100_9565_zps2409b713.jpg

100_9568_zps76af7e6d.jpg

100_9588_zpse24ae94c.jpg

I know I named Finny after his missing tail fin, but now when I look at him, I think that FINNY is the perfect name for him and his massive (other) fins

100_9638_zpsabe7d1ed.jpg

A couple top view pics

100_9676_zps4e79ab19.jpg

100_9680_zps51d45db9.jpg

Then here the tub fish, Spicy and Vanille. Vanille is doing so much better ever since the crutches! She tumbles over sometimes, but she never actually flips or floats :)

I love how this looks though. I really want to have an actual (huge) indoor pond someday. :heart

100_9597_zps16c06f12.jpg

100_9599_zps3ae13a70.jpg

100_9604_zps28a3832a.jpg

100_9611_zps8ba472f1.jpg

100_9615_zpsb5294420.jpg

100_9642_zpsabc76dc6.jpg

Caught Vanille eating duckweed. She gobbles it up all the time :D

100_9646_zpscc7b1bac.jpg

100_9655_zpsb2a827c5.jpg

100_9660_zpsbf2dfafb.jpg

100_9665_zpsf889301c.jpg

I love the top down shots. It's good to see Vanille looking happy!

Great pics, I was sad when they finished ;) I love their faces, sooooo expressive!

When I see your singletails it make me want some of my own! They are magnificent! :)

:D Everyone looks great

I love the top down shots. It's good to see Vanille looking happy!

Great pics, I was sad when they finished ;) I love their faces, sooooo expressive!

When I see your singletails it make me want some of my own! They are magnificent! :)

Thanks you guys!

I love these single tails! I love the fat fancies too but there is a special kind of elegance to the single tails :)

Great images OYF.....you have some wonderful looking fish there!!! :clapping:

I love the top view shots of Spicy and Vanille. They are gorgeous :heart ~ :heart

I love Vanille and Bullet! C:

They look great !

You should enter 8 and 11 in the contests !

And in pic 25 she looks sooooooo grumpy with you taking a pic of her

Lol !

Great images OYF.....you have some wonderful looking fish there!!! :clapping:

I love the top view shots of Spicy and Vanille. They are gorgeous :heart ~ :heart

I love Vanille and Bullet! C:

They look great !

You should enter 8 and 11 in the contests !

And in pic 25 she looks sooooooo grumpy with you taking a pic of her

Lol !

Awwww Vanille :)

Thanks guys!

I just noticed that I forgot some photos of the top view of the special needs tanks!

100_9685_zps9583bd7a.jpg

100_9686_zpsb97c72fc.jpg

Such cute babies! So glad she's off her crutches! That isn't frogbit you have floating? I'm obsessed with floaty plants.

Edited by Smegy Psiren

They all look great, Fang! I too love the top view photos. :)

Such cute babies! So glad she's off her crutches! That isn't frogbit you have floating? I'm obsessed with floaty plants.

It's a mix of water lettuce (although due to lack of nutrients it only grows to a miniature size - which is fine with me :D ), duckweed, riccia natans and a little bit of frogbit in it.

I too love floating plants! Especially in my goldfish tanks I have really learned to appreciate them. It's not like these tanks are planted and require high lighting down below, so I don't really care if the floating plants take away light. The fish keep chomping them under control anyway :D

They all look so excited to see you!

That's because I am The Great Bringer of Yumyums! :rofl

They all look great, Fang! I too love the top view photos. :)

Thanks! I love top view tanks in general. I wish I could keep all of them un-covered, or as said, convert this to a big indoor pond someday. That would be so neat! :D

Great photos, and you have some really beautiful fish in there! :D

Thanks a lot! :)

Oh Fang I love your finned babies!!! I love your single tails SO MUCH since single tails are my favorite :D

Thanks! Single tails are just awesome, aren't they? :D

Oh yeah, about the crutches on Vanille, do you still keep the crutches? Or do you throw them out? I feel all nosey right now, so I just want to know :rofl

Oh yeah, about the crutches on Vanille, do you still keep the crutches? Or do you throw them out? I feel all nosey right now, so I just want to know :rofl

Oh I still have them, just in case. Since they are flexible and can be bent into the desired shape, they can be useful for a lot of things, I guess :D

wow some really amazing shots you got :) I love the top views the most :) Thanks for sharing :)

Awww...I love your fish, Fang! :)