Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Lots of Betta Pictures

Last night I managed to take a few nice photos of some of the fish in the community/sorority.

Most of them are of the bettas since they were surprisingly cooperative and very curious about my camera. Holding still a lot too so I could get some nice photos without flash.

I want to apologize in advance for my radioactive plants. My camera really is having a hard time with all the green :rofl

The pleco wants a hug :D

100_9698_zpsb5c50e1b.jpg

Cid being not very cooperative this time :P

100_9714_zpsca72519f.jpg

The rainbow girl's body colored up a lot. She was much more white when I got her, now she is half blue

100_9700_zps32c60939.jpg

100_9722_zpsb56a6e0c.jpg

The pearl one is so pretty. I love how depending on the angle and the light, her fins have this icy pink or blue coloring :)

100_9725_zps730c97a2.jpg

100_9735_zpsf3b2fbb5.jpg

The yellow girl has become quite a feisty one

100_9745_zps52bb7932.jpg

100_9747_zps08f87938.jpg

I love the shading on this girl. Camera flash usually washes it all out.

100_9750_zpsfb26f516.jpg

100_9794_zps393af15f.jpg

Is it just me or are Sucky Fishie and the neon "exchanging looks" :rofl2

100_9753_zps38df4e76.jpg

100_9771_zpsab20bfe0.jpg

100_9756_zps64089b48.jpg

100_9757_zps09d04393.jpg

Yellow and Pearl were having a dance-off :rofl

100_9764_zps202bde42.jpg

100_9765_zps8e00b41d.jpg

100_9773_zpsa3eb9e42.jpg

Go home, Oto, you're drunk. You're not a Cory!

100_9780_zps409e492e.jpg

I love how this piece of wood looks.

100_9783_zps101dad03.jpg

This one looks like such a snob :rofl I love the blue "tear drop"

100_9789_zpse7a438d7.jpg

100_9792_zps84234ba1.jpg

The vals are really taking off. Look at that root system! Some of the cabomba and anacharis that got knocked loose by Sucky Fishie decided to plant itself among the vals.

100_9796_zps3ff321e2.jpg

Your fish are so pretty! :heart Don't mind if I take your icy pink and blue to accompany my guy Donut. He's also a icy pink and white. :rofl

UGH! I'm so jealous, Fang. Not only of the fact that you have a betta sorority, but your plants are doing so well. I can't get vals to grow to save my life. I love that piece of wood, really good photo of it. I like how grainy and wavey it is. Thanks for the update. :)

*Hugs your pleco* :wub:

I absolutely love the coloration of all your bettas! Rainbow girl is especially stunning and I find the striped body of the blue tear drop betta to be really interesting. You have a good eye for picking out unique ones.

Your tank shots of Cid always make me want angel fish! They're at the top of my "Fish to get when I can get a decent sized tropical tank going" list, lol.

Edited by Goldenhero

Your fish are so pretty! :heart Don't mind if I take your icy pink and blue to accompany my guy Donut. He's also a icy pink and white. :rofl

Haha, they would probably look great together! I originally was going to the LFS to get a "replacement" for my fully red girl that I bought ill and didn't make it through QT. But then I saw the icy Pearl and I absolutely fell in love with her :)

UGH! I'm so jealous, Fang. Not only of the fact that you have a betta sorority, but your plants are doing so well. I can't get vals to grow to save my life. I love that piece of wood, really good photo of it. I like how grainy and wavey it is. Thanks for the update. :)

Thanks, Dan!

I used to have problems with vals too. But then I changed my lighting (it's a 64 watt shop light lined with aluminum foil with just standard "daylight" bulbs on a 55g), and the substrate (from plain gravel to a mix of gravel and 2 bags of Seachem Flourite) and am dosing liquid carbon (like the Seachem Flourish Excel, although I am using the cheaper API version of it) every 2-3 days. The tank is also more on the heavier stocking side (1 angelfish, 1 8" pleco, 5 female bettas, 2 platies, 4 corydoras, 3 otocinclus, 8 black neons, 5 bloodfin tetras, 1 apple snail (maybe, I have actually not actively seen him in a while :( ) and a few an unknown number of malaysian trumpet snails) so there is plenty of nutrients for the fish. I only dose liquid ferts after each water change to help supplement whatever the fish do not produce. :)

*Hugs your pleco* :wub:

I absolutely love the coloration of all your bettas! Rainbow girl is especially stunning and I find the striped body of the one towards the end to be really interesting. You have a good eye for picking out unique ones.

Your tank shots of Cid always make me want angel fish! They're at the top of my "Fish to get when I can get a tropical tank bigger than 10g", lol.

Thank you! The striped one is normally less stripey, but she gets nervous easily and shows her "stress stripes". I love the bit of lavender reflection on her, which shows more when she is less stressed :)

Cid says you should get some angels :lol

I love your tank. If you wake up one day, with all your plants gone........Alex did it. :rofl

I love this tank. It's a revelation every time I see your betta girls.

Thanks so much! I love this tank too :)

I love your tank. If you wake up one day, with all your plants gone........Alex did it. :rofl

Thanks, good to know! :rofl2

Love these pics Fang! Your betta girls are very pretty and the pleco in the first pic look huge! :)

Thank you! He isn't actually that big, he is only like... 9" (guessing here) total length. Quite small for a 4 year old common pleco but that's probably because I had him grow up in a 10g way back then :doh11:

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I don't think I've ever said this about a pleco, but I think yours looks adorable! :D Great job on the plants, btw. They look very healthy and are a beautiful green.

I don't think I've ever said this about a pleco, but I think yours looks adorable! :D Great job on the plants, btw. They look very healthy and are a beautiful green.

But plecos are so awesome!! :D

Thanks a lot :)

Great update :) Have you ever posted a video of the sorority? I can't remember now.... I'd love to see one if you haven't, I'm curious to see how all the girls interact (or do they just kind of hang out on their own?)

and you know I :heart sucky fishie

Great update :) Have you ever posted a video of the sorority? I can't remember now.... I'd love to see one if you haven't, I'm curious to see how all the girls interact (or do they just kind of hang out on their own?)

and you know I :heart sucky fishie

Yep I had posted a video about the crazy floating plants and the girls were featured a lot in it since they are curious about my hands. I might take a better one tonight although on video the entire tanks looks radioactive lol

I love ALL of your photos. You take such great pictures. All of your fish are adorable. I just think that is so remarkable that you have so much to see/look at in your big tank and everyone is getting along nicely. It must be neat to just sit back and enjoy your tank when your not working on it. It would be like "hide and seek". Trying to seek everyone. :)

I love ALL of your photos. You take such great pictures. All of your fish are adorable. I just think that is so remarkable that you have so much to see/look at in your big tank and everyone is getting along nicely. It must be neat to just sit back and enjoy your tank when your not working on it. It would be like "hide and seek". Trying to seek everyone. :)

Thank you so much! I do have to say that there seriously are times where I cannot find a single one of the bettas in there :rofl

I don't know how they do that... lol

I want it and all of its inhabitants! :rofl

It's looking really good, and they're all looking so much prettier to when you first got them! :)

I just LOVE your Tropical/betta tank :)

If I were to ever do tropical again I think I would love to give this tank idea a shot :) your Girls all look great as do your plants and other fish :)

I love the cory oto shot!! tooo funny ;)

Thanks for sharing :) I also would love to see a video focused on the girls and their interactions :)

is it just me who thought of 'all the single ladies' when looking at the sorority pics? hahaha. I love this tank though, Fang, everything and every inhabitant is gorgeous!

Just beautiful! :)

Your girls are just gorgeous! Where did you get them?

Thanks! They all are from Petsmart :) Just gotta keep looking around for ones you like. Chain LFS actually do have nice bettas. Maybe not show quality of course, but good enough for me. I have also noticed (which may be coincidence) that the crowntails are usually of a more interesting color than the regular females. Those I usually see in various shades of red, blue, brown and teal (not that there is anything wrong with that), but the crowntails often are multicolored or of some kind of solid coloring that I rarely see with regulars, like my pale yellow girl.

I noticed the same with the males too, I got an orange crowntail boy, never saw an orange veiltail or plakat etc at the LFS.

Might all just be coincidence though :D

Gosh Fang your bettas are just beautiful! I don't think I can pick a favorite. Your tank looks terrific and the plants are amazing.

But that pleco :scared:

:rofl

:kickbutt Fang it's all your fault! I caught myself looking at female bettas at the three lfs I went into today. Your sorority just looks so awesome! Edited by Smegy Psiren