What breed is Fern?

Frenzy

Fern is the orange and white one at the top of the photo. She has a tiny wen. One member who saw a picture of Fern mentioned that she might be a veiltail and I was wondering if she could be.

DSCN2107_zps9f3687da.jpg

Edited by dnalex
embed picture

I don't know what she is either but she is very pretty. I do know that veiltails tend to have well developed paired anal fins as well as a double tail that is not forked/indented if that helps :) I've never actually seen one in real life *-* but I've always wanted one.

• 1 month later...

What do y'all mean by a forked tail?

A tail with a fork (prong) in it. Most goldfish actually have forked tails, whether they are fancies or single tails.

The ones without forked tails that I can think of are those with veiltails, broadtails, butterfly tails, and some very short tails.

Here is a fish with a strongly forked tail. I want this fishie!

8794c.JPG

Here are veiltail goldfish. You can see that the tail fin is "all the same length." The tail fin of a veiltail can get very long, even twice the body length, but the distinguishing feature is the tail shape, not the length.