Sign in to follow this  
bubbles22

My blue oranda is turning chocolate. Yay?

My boyfriend wanted to test out his new flash so I thought it would the perfect opportunity for a mini photoshoot of my oranda whom has recently started changing colors.

I named her Shark when I first got her because I thought she was a he. After finding out "he" was actually a she, I decided to change her name to Sharkina. Lol, idk if that's going to stick so I might change it.

Here's a picture of when I first got her (about a month ago):

IMG_4074_zpsbf661b5f.jpg

Here is her now:

IMG_4460_zps5ef088a4.jpg

IMG_4488_zps922350c6.jpg

IMG_4485_zps3bed046f.jpg

IMG_4463_zps5d91bd90.jpgIMG_4469_zps77770881.jpg

She's adorable! The color change definitely suits her!

She's adorable! The color change definitely suits her!

Thank you! I couldn't agree more ^-^ I'm falling even more in love with it the more I look at her.

naaww. how cute! both of them :heart

naaww. how cute! both of them :heart

Thank you! (:

Gorgeous! If I upgrade i'm saving a spot for one of her!

Thanks haha. I got her from petco, they seem to have a lot of blue orandas lately.

Cute little fish, i like her tankmates color too.

Your shots with the bottom flash came out awesome!

Stunning :)

Thank you :D

Cute little fish, i like her tankmates color too.

Your shots with the bottom flash came out awesome!

Thank you! We experimented a little more with the bottom flash and I really liked these two that came out (if anyone's interested hehe):

http://i30.photobuck...zpsaf667b7c.jpg

http://i30.photobuck...zpsa5543ee9.jpg

Those are beautiful shots too, i would like to see more but clean the glass first lol

I am going to try some shots like this in a photo tank. What kind of flash did your bf get and what camera(s) are you shooting with?

Those are beautiful shots too, i would like to see more but clean the glass first lol

I am going to try some shots like this in a photo tank. What kind of flash did your bf get and what camera(s) are you shooting with?

LOL! Yeahhhh I've been having salt crawling out of the seams lately and I've gotten a little lazy trying to get rid of the streaks from wiping them all the time :blush: In my defense, I think the streaks look rather "artistic" haha :laugh: jk.

He used: a canon t4i, tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, and canon speedlight 580 ex II.

Funny, I was gonna say the same thing! The swoosh of the streak and the lighting really complement each other in the shot and it looks really artistic lol. You make it look easy -_-

Funny, I was gonna say the same thing! The swoosh of the streak and the lighting really complement each other in the shot and it looks really artistic lol. You make it look easy -_-

Thanks haha. It really is difficult when these little buggers are so wiggly and energetic all the time though. My bf's relatively new to photography so we're just trying/testing things out at the moment. He's starting to enjoy having my goldfish as his models (yay, more pictures for me~) Thank you for the compliments and interest in our photos ^-^ Really flattering. I would love to see your photos after you try out the bottom flash as well :)

She's really pretty and honestly kind of reminds me of a pearlscale rather than an oranda? I mean she doesn't look very pearled but she just reminds me so much of when I got my chocolate pearl Roos. Super gorgeous either way.

She's really pretty and honestly kind of reminds me of a pearlscale rather than an oranda? I mean she doesn't look very pearled but she just reminds me so much of when I got my chocolate pearl Roos. Super gorgeous either way.

Thank you! :) And yes! I posted a picture of her when I first got her in the ID section and everyone agreed on oranda. I was a little confused at first because her body is like that of a pearlscale's but she's not pearled at all. Was Roos the one on your previous signature? I saw it and it reminded me a lot of my oranda and was about to ask you about it but I checked out your blog first and saw that Roos is a pearl scale :3 I'm still a little confused about my fish's identity to be honest, but I refer to her as an oranda for now. I don't mean to say that everyone was wrong but I really haven't seen another oranda that looks like her -___-

Your photos are great, and she is a beautiful fish! It's a really pretty colour she's changed into :)

She's a cutie for sure. I :heart the second pic, love round well fed tummies. :wub:

Edited by U.K. Becs

Your photos are great, and she is a beautiful fish! It's a really pretty colour she's changed into :)

Thank you! No one but me really liked her at first =/ But look at her now! muahaha :P

She's a cutie for sure. I :heart the second pic, love round well fed tummies. :wub:

Me too :D

Still beautiful fish Bubbles....whatever their colour, well done!! :clapping:

Still beautiful fish Bubbles....whatever their colour, well done!! :clapping:

Thank you! I try :blush:

Very gorgeous! I think s/he is turning to be orange though, and it only looks chocolate'ish during the transition :)

Either way, beautiful fish! I wish I could get great photos of them like you do :)

Very gorgeous! I think s/he is turning to be orange though, and it only looks chocolate'ish during the transition :)

Either way, beautiful fish! I wish I could get great photos of them like you do :)

Yeah, she looks really light in some of the pictures *-* I might take some more in the future titling that she has turned orange :D Once and if it happens, that is. We'll see! It'll be interesting, orange is pretty far off from blue... but I definitely see the tint.

And thank you, but the credit goes to my bf (mostly). I just hold the flash ;)

Well, I love orange goldfish. This is the color that made them famous after all :)

Well, I love orange goldfish. This is the color that made them famous after all :)

touché :D I suppose it'll be nice to be able to easily see her against the black background once she's orange haha. I do my water changes at night and once I unplug all the lights, I need a flashlight in order to catch her :P

I love both chocolate and blue orandas, so this will be a lovely coloration :teehee