Sign in to follow this  
alvintran1998

SOS: I've got eggs!

I've just found hundreds of eggs today on my bare bottom and I don't know how to remove them and save them. Any ideas?

Well this is the first. I've been watching the female fish and she is still laying eggs. But she doesn't aim onto a surface or lay it on a target, she would just swim around and the eggs would just fall out. No chasing, nothing. And eggs are everywhere on the floor.

If you're not ready to raise fry then I would suggest just siphoning them up.

There is a chance they won't even be fertile. If you can't house hundreds of fry for 3 months you might just want to let them become snacks and then dispose of the rest /:

Congrats toss some filter floss into tank and when she fills it remove to hatch bowl. Or remove parents and hatch the eggs where they are

There is a chance they won't even be fertile. If you can't house hundreds of fry for 3 months you might just want to let them become snacks and then dispose of the rest /:

I don't expect any of them to survive anyways since I've made several mistakes while transporting the eggs into a separate container like exposing them to air for too long, was being too strong on them, no ready equipments, and they may not even be fertilized. I'll just use today as a time guide to predict when they'll spawn again to get ready. Fingers crossed for the next time.

Congrats toss some filter floss into tank and when she fills it remove to hatch bowl. Or remove parents and hatch the eggs where they are

Thanks for your idea. I have 7 fish in a 72 gallon, and it's the main tank, so I don't have anywhere else to house the adults if I leave the eggs in there. I guess I'll just give in and let them have a healthy snack and hoping for the next time. I don't have all the equipments needed too anyways.

Then look into a cheap device called breeder net cost little and works great As it permits you to use main tank for hatch and protect fry.

Then look into a cheap device called breeder net cost little and works great As it permits you to use main tank for hatch and protect fry.

Sounds cool. I'll look into that.

It's your decision, but I just wanted to say congrats! :D You have been waiting a long time. :)

I know, I have. I was trying everything to make them spawn before with no success. Then boom, this came out of nowhere. I did not expect them to spawn today at all, and I am not ready. I hope they spawn sometime again this week since I'm on break and can collect the eggs on time.