Black jumbo snail and a tiger eye snail.

Mikey

I don't know the snails you are asking about and google doesn't bring anything up either. Are there other names for them at all?

Not that I know of.

Just by the names, I would guess the Black Jumbo snail is some type of apple snail, probably of the normal Mystery snail variety, there are some that get HUGE (Cana sp.) but I think they're illegal to ship because they're invasive and destroy vegetation and I don't believe they have much color variation other than wild types. You can check http://applesnail.net for pictures of all apple snail species and there's a forum there too.

The tiger eye snail sounds like a Tylomelania species, you can google that and see if any matches the description, they come in a variety of color variations.

I wonder if it might be a trap door snail. These get pretty big (around 2 inches). They would be fine to keep with your goldfish :)

Here is a pic for reference:

07-16-08_2129.jpg

(the above pic comes from member Ichthius' blog :) )

I wonder if it might be a trap door snail. These get pretty big (around 2 inches). They would be fine to keep with your goldfish :)

Here is a pic for reference:

07-16-08_2129.jpg

(the above pic comes from member Ichthius' blog :) )

No, not those It's the same color except mine has stripes I will have to get a good picture of him. I also just rescued another goldfish. (My LFS doesn't have MM for dropsy fish so I bring them home and when they are better I bring them back :) )