Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Update on my tank and some bonus fish pictures :D

:hi

So, I got some new plants recently and just wanted to share how my tank is looking. I am trying to do a dutch sort of aquascape, it doesn't look great right now, I think I need to let everything grow out before I can really start pruning things like I need to, but I am really excited about the plants I got and hoping they all do well in the tank. I am planning a new big tank next year when we buy a house (yay!) so this is a bit of preparation for that. My big tank will be similar to this, but on a bit of a larger scale since I will have more room.

I took most of the hairgrass out because I decided I wanted to go with just glosso as the carpeting plant. The glosso has been doing well. I recently ripped it all out, cut all the runners into single nodes and replanted to spread it out and encourage faster growth. Here is an example of some of the runners I tore out (these were all originally planted as single nodes)

glosso_zpseb12d33a.jpg

tank2_zpsf26bf925.jpg

tank1_zps70438a5e.jpg

plants7_zpsbe63356d.jpg

plants2_zps5fa087f7.jpg

plants3_zps1d573bc5.jpg

plants_zps518e7dee.jpg

plants4_zpsb3355972.jpg

plants6_zpse0246404.jpg

plants5_zps70b5ea52.jpg

On the fishy front, Hashi is losing his black, i am pretty sure he will be a lemonhead eventually ;) He has a cute little mustache right now :P

fish3_zpsd8c2cf13.jpg

fish4_zps30bbb76e.jpg

fish5_zps3223716a.jpg

fish6_zps39fc1dce.jpg

fish8_zps8edd1845.jpg

fish7_zps487c3c26.jpg

fish9_zpsb05b2925.jpg

fish10_zps0b7bad6d.jpg

fish11_zpsdb04b3d3.jpg

fish1_zps6060a93c.jpg

fish12_zps1c8f1032.jpg

it looks gorgeous, jess! i am really impressed. edie and hashi are gorgeous as always :heart what is the tall plant in the back left? i love it!

Edited by sarajo

it looks gorgeous, jess! i am really impressed. edie and hashi are gorgeous as always :heart what is the tall plant in the back left? i love it!

Thank you! :D

I believe it is ludwigia repens, it was sold to me as ludwigia cuba, but it definitely isn't. I am loving that plant so much! I swear I can watch it grow, it has grown like 6 inches since I got it a couple weeks ago.

:thud

Wow. How stunning is that? I love the big plant in the back left corner. It's just beautiful!

Hashi is really growing and I love the color change. Edie is fabulous, as usual. ;)

Great update! The more pics, the better! :D

I believe it is ludwigia repens, it was sold to me as ludwigia cuba, but it definitely isn't. I am loving that plant so much! I swear I can watch it grow, it has grown like 6 inches since I got it a couple weeks ago.

no wonder why I love it so much :P I have it in my betta tank and it does grow like crazy!

:o stunning fish as always and that tank is so lush and green :o Edited by Gustave

:thud

Wow. How stunning is that? I love the big plant in the back left corner. It's just beautiful!

Hashi is really growing and I love the color change. Edie is fabulous, as usual. ;)

Great update! The more pics, the better! :D

Thank you :) I love that plant too, ludwigia repens I believe it is :D I can't wait to see Hashi's final color. He's got a single spot of orange on his wen, i wonder if there will be more

no wonder why I love it so much :P I have it in my betta tank and it does grow like crazy!

Yeah, I am really growing to love stem plants. I always avoided them before, but I am realizing how awesome they are!

:o stunning fish as always and that tank is so lush and green :o

thank you!

Looks gorgeous, really vibrant :)

Tithra, what substrate do you have and how easy is it to clean? It looks amazing.

Ho

Ly

COW

It has been a long time since I've seen your tank. I remember a bare bottom with a couple plants in pots. AMAZING!! It's so gorgeous. Come over and do mine. :rofl

:yikes

That tank is gorgeous!!! I can't believe your fish don't pull everything up!

Wow! What a stunning tank! It inhabitants are pretty special too! Gorgeous!!!!!!! :D

Wow, that looks great! I'm surprised all those delicate-looking plants are doing so well in a tank with your two big orandas. Especially the tiny plants in front, I would think the fish would stir up the substrate too much for them to grow well, but I guess not. Very nice. :)

Wow looks incredible!

Hashi is looking really nice, too :)

She says "it doesn't look great now" :rolleyes:

I think it is most gorgeous already! :) I am so jealous that your fish don't see anything green as a snack :rofl

If my fish were in that tank, it would look like a hurricane struck :doh11:

WOW :) I love what you have done :) and I'm also surprised your fish do not bother it ;) Your O's are both looking fab and I'm loving the color change going on as well :)

that is one stunning tank, tithra! I've missed Edie and Hashi is such a cutie. <3

Looks gorgeous, really vibrant :)

Thank you! :)

Tithra, what substrate do you have and how easy is it to clean? It looks amazing.

I am using eco complete with a cap of tahitian moon sand, but they have pretty much mixed together at this point ;)

Ho

Ly

COW

It has been a long time since I've seen your tank. I remember a bare bottom with a couple plants in pots. AMAZING!! It's so gorgeous. Come over and do mine. :rofl

:rofl my tank is in a constant state of change! :P I will gladly come do yours if you pay for my plane ticket and cook me dinner! :P

:yikes

That tank is gorgeous!!! I can't believe your fish don't pull everything up!

Thank you! I do have to replant stems here and there in the morning since they don't really have a root system built up yet, but for the most part my fish leave the plants alone :idont

Oh man it already looks awesome!!!! I can't wait to see it more grown in!!!!

Thank you! Me too :D

Wow! What a stunning tank! It inhabitants are pretty special too! Gorgeous!!!!!!! :D

Thank you Becs!

Wow, that looks great! I'm surprised all those delicate-looking plants are doing so well in a tank with your two big orandas. Especially the tiny plants in front, I would think the fish would stir up the substrate too much for them to grow well, but I guess not. Very nice. :)

Thanks Sakura :) The glosso actually grows incredibly deep roots, so it can take some stirring up. When I first planted (and since I have replanted it) I do find floating pieces here and there that I have to replant, but once it starts rooting it is pretty stable. Plus my fish for some reason are just kind to plants :P

Wow looks incredible!

Hashi is looking really nice, too :)

Thank you!

She says "it doesn't look great now" :rolleyes:

I think it is most gorgeous already! :) I am so jealous that your fish don't see anything green as a snack :rofl

If my fish were in that tank, it would look like a hurricane struck :doh11:

lol.... it just doesn't look exactly the way I imagine it in my head yet :P

I know, I am very lucky to have such thoughtful fish :P I'm sure they'll figure it out sooner or later!

WOW :) I love what you have done :) and I'm also surprised your fish do not bother it ;) Your O's are both looking fab and I'm loving the color change going on as well :)

Thank you! My fish are very well behaved for some reason.... I fully expect them to turn on me at some point :P

that is one stunning tank, tithra! I've missed Edie and Hashi is such a cutie. <3

Thank you! :)

Youtube Update??? Plz plz plz... :please :please :please

Yes.... I do need to get on this!

It looks awesome. I love it!

That is truely a piece of living art Tithra! It's as beautiful as any of the planted tanks with tropicals but with the added bonus of two stunning goldfish in there. Man to have something like that would be a dream come true!!! Well done!!!

It looks wonderful Tithra! I would LOVE a planted goldfish tank, but my girls will even rip leaves off their anubias sometimes! It is so so pretty though, you did great and chose beautiful contrasting plants. :heart