snail poop

So I had to remove the bubble wand from the led lighting in the Betta tank as it was a bit much for him,and I had also moved the 2 nerites snails in there to help maintain the algae on the plants, and I started noticing a lot of brown sludge like build up at the back of the tank behind the led light thing and couldn't figure out what it was coming from, so after tank cleaning yesterday, I keep this tank bare bottom with the plants (live) attached to river rocks and at first thought it was my mopani wood disintegrating :( because of the color and consistency, but don't really think that is what it is ;) I think I have concluded that it's snail waste...could this be??

My nerite poop looks kinda sludgy . .. not grainy like sand. It's more long and skinny than a grain of sand. It's brown and if collected near an airstone I can see it looking like sludge . . .

Wish I had some pics but I guess I never thought about taking pics of it. :rofl

Sorry it took so long to get the pics I kept forgetting and with the new dog I have been busy busy busy ;)

I moved the snails back to the goldfish tank to see if it makes a difference in the meantime ;) here are the pics

title255617433.pngtitle136533750.png