Baby ranchu

Vdubbchic

Baby ranchu bought from petco. Not to happy with fish there. I had two from there and both have had issues!

* Ammonia Level (tank): .25 had a little spike getting it down now

* Nitrite Level (tank) 0

* Nitrate level (Tank) 10 ppm

* Ammonia Level (Tap):0

* Nitrite Level (Tap)0

* Nitrate level (Tap)0

* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.0 that's low also due to ammonia spike? I have crushed coral in media bag to help raise that.

* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 hob tetra 30 gallon, tetra 10 gallon

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Amquel plus and nova

* Water temperature? 71

* How often do you change the water and how much? At least 1x a week 30%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday 30%

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 29 gallon a few months its a qt tank

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 less about an inch

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Pro gold 2 x a day and veggies

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) in this tank I had another baby bought both from petco. He passed away. Not sure why.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Yes, stays at bottom head down tail up. Eats when food is presented. This morning he is having trouble and is starting to fight to stay down. Swimbladder issue I'm almost positive.

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Started prazi, but had to stop to get ammonia down. It was .25

* You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.

I will post another video in a bit.

Edited by Vdubbchic

• Admin

Ok we need to address that PH first, that is making the fish not feel good at all...

We need to get some GoldBuff from Seachem or Buff it up from goldfish connection. :)

We need to get that ph up to 7.2 atleast... :)

Also can you test your KH for me?