Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

What can I feed my fish other than pro-gold?

I pretty much only feed them pro-gold. I would fee them repashy but y mom hates when I make it because it stinks up my whole house! :o. I have fed cucumber in the past but nothing recently. I just want to find a way to pretty much make them grow. What food will help with that? (I have a 2.5-3") one year old ryukin).

Veggies and algae are really important in a goldfish diet, so load them up with that as well. :)

Veggies and algae are really important in a goldfish diet, so load them up with that as well. :)

I have algae waffers. Shoul I throw one in?

Definitely (: they love them!

Frozen Bloodworms and Spirulina Brine Shrimp are good too. Just make sure to buy them from a trustworthy source that maintains their freezer. You could also try making the Repashy outside by adding boiling water to the powder outside, mixing then covering it and allowing it to cool before bringing it inside. It really doesn't smell once it cools. I don't blame your Mom, it smells awful when you microwave it...lol!

:lol I want to get some just to see how much it smells :P

See I have a great sphershal reason :P:rofl2

Edited by Gustave

:lol I want to get some just to see how much it smells :P

See I have a great sphershal reason :P:rofl2

Omg especially when you burn it like I did the first time I made it! :rofl3

Edited by mikeydude319

I boil the water separately then add it to the repashy, it really cuts down on the smell. I also only make enough for a week at a time which is about a tsp of repashy and 3tsp of water so that helps with the smell also. I also feed my fish saki hikari, blood worms a few times week, peas, green beans and seaweed with every meal. Seaweed is more stinky then repashy in my opinion when it is dipped in hot water to make it soft. Hard to imagine but true.

I haven't tried algae wafers yet but think I will buy some, do you guys break them up? they look too big for their mouths.

Edited by CindiL

I feed mine Spinach every day :thumbs:

How do you prepare it? :Scoff:

How do you prepare it? :Scoff:

I just get a can of it and place it all into a tupperware container and give them a pitch of food every day.. I just turn off there filters for about 3 mins while they eat :)

Non salted stuff :)