New 110 tank and new babies! (pic heavy)

Mernany

Alright! My new 110 tank is all set up and I got new friends!

2013-02-10_22-02-32_854_zps0868aa19.jpg

This is the tank that I got from a friend who couldn't keep it anymore

2013-02-10_22-53-24_180_zps23913b80.jpg

I sanitized and cleaned it all down

2013-02-10_23-46-16_260_zps31d36cd9.jpg

Added the crushed coral (I have VEEERRRRYYYY soft water....)

2013-02-11_00-48-48_555_zpsb7ba8808.jpg

This is just 10 trips with the 5 gallon bucket O.o

2013-02-17_10-11-26_614_zpscee9d06a.jpg

Got it filled and then added my fishies, Baby and Basil

2013-02-17_10-11-49_786_zpsafe5486f.jpg

The theme is Eqyptian. Here is Basil!

2013-02-17_10-11-55_712_zps9d754ec5.jpg

And Baby!

2013-02-17_10-12-31_858_zps64a0e1e3.jpg

Just a pic of the decor set up! I have a Sphinx on the way as well!

2013-02-17_11-48-58_687_zpsaff1a7fb.jpg

And my new friends!

2013-02-17_12-45-07_750_zps7e2b0943.jpg

This one got named Cupid because of her heart on the tail!

2013-02-17_13-06-35_715_zps4cab85b2.jpg

First time in the big tank! Still no name as come up for this little guy although we have toyed with Cilantro (Cil for short) since we have Basil :)

2013-02-17_13-06-51_460_zpsd746ac76.jpg

Cupid is not sure what to do with all the room I think!

The two new guys tend to stay towards the top and Basil has been a bully sometimes... Everything seems okay though! That's all normal right???

I forgot how small new fish are :D CUTE!

Congrats!!!! I Love the new tank :) how do you like the crushed coral on the bottom?i found I have soft water here in the new place and was thinking of doing the same thing...Also Love the tank decor and the goldfish are all very cute :)

Thanks everyone!! Just a little update I had to move my little new guys because they were so small that the filter would suck them in! Cil was stuck there twice! So those two are back in the twenty gallon until they grow a bit! I hope Cil is okay he seems to be swimming fine so we'll see!

Congrats!!!! I Love the new tank :) how do you like the crushed coral on the bottom?i found I have soft water here in the new place and was thinking of doing the same thing...Also Love the tank decor and the goldfish are all very cute :)

Thanks so much! I like the coral on the bottom it's a nice color. I'm actually am going to move my goldfish into a 55 I'm getting and then make this tank a big planted tank. In the 55 I'm going to mix the coral in with another substrate I have :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. :) I look forward to more updates. :P

I hoping at some point my friend will get me the 55 gallon which all four will live in together. Then this big guy will be tropical or salt.... I haven't decided which one I want to tackle....

Lucky fishes.

Yes yes!! They live in a nicer and cleaner home than me!! :P

Aww. So simple and minimalistic. I love it.

Awww!! Thanks, I'm hoping these four will accept some plants when I get the 55 gallon here for them but they are piggies so who knows it might stay this simple!

New Tank! :carrot: Party time! They are going to love the space! They could have swimming races: butterfly style!

I would love to see a butterfly style race with these guys!! :D

New update!! I'm working on getting a good picture but I got a sphix decoration off amazon. It turned out to be hollow :( but I poked some holes and put an air stone under so there was water movement. It looks awesome! More pics to come of the little guys and the big tank!

Alight! Here is the bubbler! They seem to actually like it!

010.jpg

And here are the babies in the 20 gallon they didn't want to stay still so bare with me on the picture quality...

045.jpg

050.jpg

(he was obssessed with his refection for a bit...)

019.jpg

They are best friends now :)

But today! The babies moved back in the 110 gallon with their new friends!

052.jpg

Baby and Basil took less interest in them because they are bigger now but still felt the need to pick on the newbies.

052.jpg

Cupid has more confidence than Cilantro... Cupid will go explore but come back to check on Cil! It's cute. Cil is slowly coming out and exploring with Cupid! More pictures soon!!

They look so tiny in that huge tank, like bits of pepper in a pot :D Too cute!

I know! They are seriously like a tenth of my other two! So funny to think that Baby and Basil were that size at one point.....!!! :blink:

They look so teeny in there! What an awesome tank.

An option for hollow ornaments that I've used: Fill the ornament with aquarium gravel (to weigh it down). Snip a piece of medium weight plastic (I've used CD cases) to fit over the hole in the bottom with some overlap. Use aquarium sealant to glue the plastic piece over the opening. Voila! A solid ornament!

Edited by RanchuDressing

They look so teeny in there! What an awesome tank.

An option for hollow ornaments that I've used: Fill the ornament with aquarium gravel (to weigh it down). Snip a piece of medium weight plastic (I've used CD cases) to fit over the hole in the bottom with some overlap. Use aquarium sealant to glue the plastic piece over the opening. Voila! A solid ornament!

Ooo I like it! I'll keep that in mind! I think I like the bubbler it looks pretty good. And I clean under it every water change really,really well! :D