My new fish!

MummyDJ

My lionhead had to go back to the shop. :( I tried rehoming him but there were simply no takers. He was a gorgeous, friendly fish when on his own but when in the tank with my moor, had the biggest attitude ever. He became a huge bully.

So the shop prefered I do a swap rather than get a refund ad it's easier so I had a look at what they had and fell in love with this beauty :lol::D

ynerapet.jpg

S/he was labelled as Oranda, is that right? Also, i'm trying to think of a name. Any indication of gender?

No that's a fantail or possibly a young ryukin? Its a little hard to tell, but it doesnt have the squared skull or body shape of an oranda. It is however, a cute little guy :) I'm glad you found one you like.

No that's a fantail or possibly a young ryukin? Its a little hard to tell, but it doesnt have the squared skull or body shape of an oranda. It is however, a cute little guy I'm glad you found one you like.

I didn't think the shop had labelled right. Glad to know my gut was right. I'd better start traibing my moor to eat by hand then. :rolleyes:

No that's a fantail or possibly a young ryukin? Its a little hard to tell, but it doesnt have the squared skull or body shape of an oranda. It is however, a cute little guy I'm glad you found one you like.

I didn't think the shop had labelled right. Glad to know my gut was right. I'd better start traibing my moor to eat by hand then. :rolleyes:

Hahaha yeah! I love white fish. I can't never seem to keep all white, the yellow and orange creeps in but I like that too so I'm happy. :)

I know Alex has a couple telescopes and he says his can be the bullies at meal time due to their bad vision they just bowl other fish over :)

he's cute! Do you have a name for him yet?

I can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl, sorry!

Not yet as nothing i'm thinking, suits.

Here are more pictures to show how perlecent his white is...

e6apepys.jpg

ehe2y7us.jpg

yjubahum.jpg

I have a name! Going by theme of looks, I noticed his black tipped dorsal which reminds me of a blacktip reef shark. Looking at the shark's scientific name "Carcharhinus melanopterus", we have Archa!

That fish looks like a complete bully to me. To avoid any trouble between your fish, you can send him/her directly to ME!! I will PM you my address. :rofl

What a stunning looking fish. And the contrast between the 2 of your fish is beautiful. Nice choice. :heart

Thank you all for your kind words. :) I must admit, i'm smitten.

That fish looks like a complete bully to me. To avoid any trouble between your fish, you can send him/her directly to ME!! I will PM you my address.

What a stunning looking fish. And the contrast between the 2 of your fish is beautiful. Nice choice.

Not a chance fantailfan1... Archa's all mine, especially as s/he gets on so well with Winnie. :wub:

You may however admire the (i'm predicting) many photos I will end up posting. :P