Thinking of adding a canister

Summer4

I don't think it would be overkill, a little extra filtration doesn't hurt :) I have a 2236 (along with an AC70), I really like this canister and the combo of an HOB and canister is great because you get good gph from the HOBs and lots of room for bio media in the canister :)

Thank you both :). My tank 30" W x 18" D x 24" H, so it is a cube shape. Would the two aquaclear 70's, and a canister be too much current for my fish?

Edited by Summer4

Thank you both :). My tank 30" W x 18" D x 24" H, so it is a cube shape. Would the two aquaclear 70's, and a canister be too much current for my fish?

I think it would be fine. If it seems to be too much you can always adjust the flow on the ACs to be less (this will actually give you better water polishing). You can also get a spray bar for that canister to spread out the output across the tank (I ended up getting one for my tank and it's a really nice addition to that canister).

I think it would be fine. If it seems to be too much you can always adjust the flow on the ACs to be less (this will actually give you better water polishing). You can also get a spray bar for that canister to spread out the output across the tank (I ended up getting one for my tank and it's a really nice addition to that canister).

Thanks Tithra! What spray bar did you buy? I have been searching for one that would fit the Eheim 2236 for the last couple of days, and I just searched the forums and saw you had asked that same question previously :).

Thanks Tithra! What spray bar did you buy? I have been searching for one that would fit the Eheim 2236 for the last couple of days, and I just searched the forums and saw you had asked that same question previously .

Yeah, it's not super obvious which one you need. I am on my phone right now but will post the link later :)

I have been doing some research, and now I am trying to decide between the eheim 2236, and the Fluval 406. If I got the Fluval 406 I would probably only run one aquaclear 70 with it. What option do you think would be best for my tank?

ETA: I was reading the Fluval chart wrong, and I see the gph is only 245....so I would probably still need my two aquaclear 70s?

Edited by Summer4