Sign in to follow this  
Fluffy

Continue bloodworms and peas?

Would really love advise from veteran GF keepers. My two little Goldies are now eating Repashy and love it. Should I continue supplementing with bloodworms and peas? If so, how much and how often? :fishtank

Yep :) you can feed repashy as a staple and feed bloodworms/veggies a few times a week if you'd like

Yup. Provide them all options to enjoy various meals. Mine have 5 options on their menu.

Yes to the bloodworms. Particularly if they have wens. They need that kind of protein to reach full hood potential. I would recommend a variety of foods including High-quality sinking pellets, Repashy, Spirulina Brine Shrimp, Romaine Lettuce, Bloodworms and Peas.

Thank you for the advice. I want them to be happy, healthy and growing.

:fishtank

I am not a huge fan of peas (for me or for my fish lol), but there is no reason for them not to be used as the occasional treat. :)

Alex, I also hate peas. I don't eat veggies. Never have since I was old enough to not be forced. I guess sometime in the 5th grade, maybe earlier.

I don't care for peas, although my goldfish seem to love them. I can't imagine they're bad for them either.

I don't care for peas, although my goldfish seem to love them. I can't imagine they're bad for them either.

I loved sweet peas :druel

I feed my goldies twice of the day- morning and evening plus one day with out food. Every evening my gold fish get only peas and it seems that they are happy and healthy :)

I am not a huge fan of peas (for me or for my fish lol), but there is no reason for them not to be used as the occasional treat. :)

May I ask why? For your fish not you lol, I understand that as I'm a sometime I like peas and sometimes I hate them kinda person :P

I am not a huge fan of peas (for me or for my fish lol), but there is no reason for them not to be used as the occasional treat.

May I ask why? For your fish not you lol, I understand that as I'm a sometime I like peas and sometimes I hate them kinda person

Here is a fantastic article from Mr. Hopkins, on food

http://www.raingarden.us/feeding.pdf

I agree with him that when giving your fish something with a high protein content, it's better if it's an aquatic source. The idea is that it's important to feed foods with a certain level of protein, but the right kind of proteins. This is thought to be the reason why blood worms are so good for goldfish, because it contains the right stuff. :)

I am not a huge fan of peas (for me or for my fish lol), but there is no reason for them not to be used as the occasional treat.

May I ask why? For your fish not you lol, I understand that as I'm a sometime I like peas and sometimes I hate them kinda person

Here is a fantastic article from Mr. Hopkins, on food

http://www.raingarden.us/feeding.pdf

I agree with him that when giving your fish something with a high protein content, it's better if it's an aquatic source. The idea is that it's important to feed foods with a certain level of protein, but the right kind of proteins. This is thought to be the reason why blood worms are so good for goldfish, because it contains the right stuff. :)

That is great info! Thank you for sharing @dnalex!

Thank you for the advice. I want them to be happy, healthy and growing.

:fishtank

I shouldn't think fish are any different to humans Fluffy......sensible "variety" is probably the "spice" of their lives also !! :hi5

Edited by Phillyn17

Hey there's always this issue...

When u tried to save cost & DIY...

u ended up spending more & it dont look pro LoL

I would buy the perfect fit; new & worry free

It might cost more but sure it will beautified yr setup

Hey there's always this issue...

When u tried to save cost & DIY...

u ended up spending more & it dont look pro LoL

I would buy the perfect fit; new & worry free

It might cost more but sure it will beautified yr setup

I disagree completely with the idea that when people save cost & DIY, they end up spending more & "it don't look pro"

This is a gross generalization, and does not represent what is true. Surely some of these cost saving DIY projects don't look so good, but there are tons that look amazing and are better than any pro might produce.

Try looking up the DIY things done by shakaho, Sakura, and Courtney, to name a few. I challenge you to call them ugly, or non-functional, and "don't look pro."

Things you buy ready made that cost a ton don't necessarily fit well or work well, either. Examples of that can too be found on the forum.

Yes I believe everyone in this forum must be real gd at diy project

I will never challenge that!

Keen to see more nice stuff ard..

Yes I believe everyone in this forum must be real gd at diy project

I will never challenge that!

Keen to see more nice stuff ard..

Not everyone, because I am certainly incapable of DIY. I don't even attempt them. :rofl