Just about ready to buy a pearl scale

motherredcap

OK, I haven't posted any pictures of Newton or the new tank because I have some form of aquatic OCD and the tank looks like crap with no lighting and one plant glued to a rock. But I do have room and have been negotiating to get new lights and so on.. For some reason all of the stores in town (and, yes, I have visited them all in the last month) have pearl scales. I've started to become smitten. The 60 is up and running because I have plants in there (it has a light) and I could move cycled media from the Newton tank to the 60l for a QT.

Would this be traumatic? Are pearlscales on some different level of difficult from orandas? Would a pearlscale be all wrong with the Newtster?

Pearlscales just need decor that won't scratch their unique pearls off and they are susceptible to swim bladder problems due to such an extreme body shape, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be fantastic together! I hope you get a few :)

Edited by GreenTea

When Kimi was still alive, her and Dottie(my Oranda) got along well. I never had issues between her or any of my other goldies.

I plan on getting another Crowned Pearlie. They are just so darn cute.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

They are cute. The local stores must pool shipments somehow. Only the store downtown has them specially labelled (as golfball fish). All the other stores simply have them in the goldie tanks. I will take pictures once I take the plunge. I've had 1 fish for so long it makes me nervous to get another.

They are cute. The local stores must pool shipments somehow. Only the store downtown has them specially labelled (as golfball fish). All the other stores simply have them in the goldie tanks. I will take pictures once I take the plunge. I've had 1 fish for so long it makes me nervous to get another.

How old is your beautiful red cap? I see it has made you a little superstitious eh? :) I'm sure your pearlscale will do great! Can't wait to see what you get. I found some crowned pearlscales today when plant shopping but I was a good girl and left them there.

Edited by GreenTea

We've had Newton for almost 2 years. He's the survivor from the times when we didn't know what we were doing. We nursed him through Ich and other things, drove him over mountains and fjords so we are pretty attached. Whatever fish we get will have a very long QT :)