My green water tank

clone702008

:o Your fish are so THIN!!! I can hardly see them! :P

They're pretty fat I think lol XD

Very neat. :) What does the green water do? I can't remember. :P

growth, color, water condition, wen, good indicator of health...probably more but that's the only one I can think from the top of my head at the moment.

lol How many fish are in there??? It's like a ghost tank-they keep slipping and sliding into sight. Nice looking fish, I think? :rofl2

Three in there and quite lovely...a few more months and they should be perfect.

This is super neat! Have you seen lots of growth? Also how did you make green water on purpose

They almost double I think compare to when I first got them. Also to make green water you can do it with fish or without method, I would recommend the without fish way since it can be quite stressful to them. So first you simply get a bucket fill it with water and just leave it outside where it will be under the sun and it will eventually turn green (needs to be warm or hot as well). Once you have green water just put it in your tub or tank and once it become too green do a water change while saving 10% of the green water and just repeat.

Do you get the water to go green on purpose? How do you do it?

Yup the initial start is hard but once you have it, it becomes easier to do, and above is how I did it kinda (since it's winter here had to do it the hard way)

Yay , thank you for posting !

I had a grew water tank by accident once but I quite liked it and my fish grew a lot !

Yours look really cool !

no problem lol since you were interested I posted this topic :o and only doing this temp in the big tank till I get more ranchu later in the spring lol then the green water will be going in a tub and then rotating begins o.o

Do you put some kind of aeration in the bucket, when it's outside? And how do you get the green water out of the tank, once you've finished?

Does the green water harm plants at all?

Sorry for all the questions!

Do you put some kind of aeration in the bucket, when it's outside? And how do you get the green water out of the tank, once you've finished?

Does the green water harm plants at all?

Sorry for all the questions!

Nope but you do need it in the tank though especially at night or when the lights are off. Also you just need to do is scrub all the sides of the aquarium then do a 100% water change and maybe leave the lights off for the first day. They don't really harm other plants directly but once it gets too green other plants won't get enough light.

No problem lol I'm happy to answer any questions.

Well since you can't really see your fish in the tank anyway, you won't notice when I come and steal one of them. :peeka

:rofl

That is really cool. Thanks for the video!! :D

Lol you guys can steal my fish any time :P and it was my pleasure.