Sign in to follow this  
Helen

Physio..... for Mr Disabled..

ok, so, in light of the Fangster's good results with her fish, i decided to try and make an attempt to fix Mr. Disabled. John keeps telling me to leave him alone, but my techniques are non invasive, so why not :)

so, here are the materials used:

componentsused_zps0035dd94.jpg

plain breeder box:

plainbreederbox_zps0b44f361.jpg

placement of internal walls

nonaffixedsidepanels_zps2cde1e29.jpg

underside of the box, where the fishing line knots are, i have marked with black dots:

bottomofbreederboxwithwirespokingout_zpsa0089ae0.jpg

video:

trying to catch Mr Disabled :blink:

lol. You have to climb in that tank to reach the bottom!

I will be interested to hear how this goes! I hope it works! :)

I died watching you trying to catch that fish xD! Hope he feels better though! ;)

lol. You have to climb in that tank to reach the bottom!

I will be interested to hear how this goes! I hope it works! :)

lol.. too right. when i WC the tanks, i have to stand on the chair... haha

Thats a cute fish. How long will he be there?

thanks Jesse, i want to treat him for a 2 week period. at the moment, i need to make some changes. those changes, of bringing the walls in a little more, will happen today :)

I died watching you trying to catch that fish xD! Hope he feels better though! ;)

hahaha!.. he may be disabled, but he's very clever & fast!

thank you :D

Hope it works! :)

Just curious, how big is that tank? :P

thanks #2.. the tank is 126 gallons :)

Keep us updated each hour!

thank you Jesse, each hour might be a bit too much! lol. but i will update with the modification and again, if there is any change to the fish :)

awww! so he was always like that? poor little sweet thing. he's so cute! Good luck to ya!

ok, modification made, he's very restricted now, however, he is upright, just as he should be. i have given him a piece of SG, to thank him for his kind patience :wub:

lights are out to minimize stress and he's as still as he can be in his new, not so roomy space. we will see how we go within the next few days.

awww! so he was always like that? poor little sweet thing. he's so cute! Good luck to ya!

thank you, no, he became like this from injury during spawning.

Go, Mr. DA! :)

thanks alex :)

Yeah mr. Da :nana hope it works

thanks hun :)

We have all our fins crossed in this house for Mr. Disabled. :) Hope it helps him. How long has he been disabled for?

Good luck!!!!!!!! :D

Best of luck I really hope this works out and find it so kind and caring of you :heart

Hey Helen. Unfortunately I can't watch the video (maybe not enabled for mobile viewing?) What does this do, sort of force swim bladder correction?

hahaha look at him scooting away from you! bless his little soul. I hope this works for him!

I couldn't stop laughing as you tried to catch him, what a clever little guy. XD So how exactly is this going to help, anyway? I've never heard of such a thing.

Mr. Disabled is a adorable Calico! I hope that your idea will help him to back his balance.

We have all our fins crossed in this house for Mr. Disabled. :) Hope it helps him. How long has he been disabled for?

Good luck!!!!!!!! :D

thanks hun.. a little under a year, he's been like this. i am not sure if this will help, but i will try for upto 2 weeks or as long as he can stand it :)

Best of luck I really hope this works out and find it so kind and caring of you :heart

thank you! :heart

Hey Helen. Unfortunately I can't watch the video (maybe not enabled for mobile viewing?) What does this do, sort of force swim bladder correction?

they're set to unlisted, i can set them to public and then set them back to unlisted tomorrow. gimme a few minutes to change settings. i am not convinced it's swim bladder related tbh, but i have tried other mild things with no result. not even the slightest improvement, but seeing as this method won't hurt him (or shouldn't hurt him) i thought i would give it a shot :)

hahaha look at him scooting away from you! bless his little soul. I hope this works for him!

lol. he's definitley a funny character :rofl thank you :)

I couldn't stop laughing as you tried to catch him, what a clever little guy. XD So how exactly is this going to help, anyway? I've never heard of such a thing.

thanks hun, not sure, hoping it will or even help him a little bit :)

Mr. Disabled is a adorable Calico! I hope that your idea will help him to back his balance.

thank you! me too :heart

He's so bad, swimming away from his mommy! :D I think mine know when it's time for me to weigh them because suddenly nobody can be found.

lolol.. i know the feeling. they know when you're offering food hun, they stare at you whilst you go about your routine, they know it better than you do.. so when you're coming at them with a bucket, they know something's up :rofl :rofl *hides from crazy fish lady with bucket* :tomuch:

i think i'm gonna have to make some changes again.. the walls are just too tight now and i am worried as the materials that i used which are perforated have potential to not only grate off slime coat, but do damage to his scales. he won't quit wriggling around, so i will release him for now until i can work out a plan tomorrow. being midnight here, i don't want him causing himself damage overnight whilst i sleep. i'd feel guilty in the morning should anything bad happen to him overnight.

That's pretty much the same basic problem I had. These fish just will not stop wiggling!! I used pieces of a soft divider for the "stable" but even that seemed to be too rough for the constant contact with the fish. :(

I hope it all works out though, I keep stalking this topic! :)

I don't know why I watched the videos the other day and never commented. But he is gorgeous and I wish you two the best of luck :)

Sent from my SCH-I535