just a generic, nothin spesh.. ;)

Helen

• Supporter

took a vid a few days ago.. doesn't really show their excitement for a feed, but it's done and i felt like sharing just the same :).

pls excuse Mr Disabled's hoover moments.. he takes advantage of his disability at feeding time or shortly after and vacuums the floor.. because he can :rofl

They are so gorgeous! I feel a little bad for Mr. Disabled but he seems to be coping well. :)

I had to laugh at about 1:25 when he scoots back over to his spot and intensely chomps on his food like some lazy person having dinner in bed :rofl

His behavior reminds me a lot of Wakka, spending most of the time on the bottom but getting very excited when he sees people or smells food. For a while Wakka could only be sideways or even upside down on the bottom too, but the small, low tank (12" tank height) has made a significant improvement for him to the point where he often swims around all normal anymore.

But I assume you have already tried the lower water level treatment with him.

Either way, color wise he is my favorite in there, absolutely. I love calicos with lots of black :heart

• Supporter

Helen, your piggies are sooo precious! Especially Mr. Disabled. I love your videos :)

thanks hun :heart

Those are some big piggies :P and mister disabled is a stunning fish ,such vibrant color :)

thank you, yes he certainly is a stunning fish :) his colours are what attracted me to him secondly, firstly, that beautiful, full, flowing tail :heart

Awww....gimme gimme gimme! :rofl

indeed! haha

aw they're so pretty! I really want your giant chus :P

oh really? i need to strengthen the electric security fence.. seeing as we're both in the same country :o:rofl

• Supporter

Maybe I can't promise. I forget my age often. :-(

me too! that's probably because i'm 40! :o

You can't forget Helen's fish! She :wa:o

haha!! i have a strong backhander.. loooool!

I love your tank, it looks so crisp and bright. And your fish are just beautiful. I'ma steal those 'chus! :peeka

thanks hun :)

They are so gorgeous! I feel a little bad for Mr. Disabled but he seems to be coping well. :)

I had to laugh at about 1:25 when he scoots back over to his spot and intensely chomps on his food like some lazy person having dinner in bed :rofl

His behavior reminds me a lot of Wakka, spending most of the time on the bottom but getting very excited when he sees people or smells food. For a while Wakka could only be sideways or even upside down on the bottom too, but the small, low tank (12" tank height) has made a significant improvement for him to the point where he often swims around all normal anymore.

But I assume you have already tried the lower water level treatment with him.

Either way, color wise he is my favorite in there, absolutely. I love calicos with lots of black :heart

yeah, tried all that. lionchu suggested green water might help.. tbh, i don't think so. what i am thinking is to make narrower walls of a breeder basket, ie, to keep him upright. unless there's a feed or a moment of excitement, he's flat on his side. so, with little movement already, i am thinking i would like to try and sit him upright for a few days.. like the miracle you had with your fishie :)

tomorrow, as it will be Saturday, i will try to make this happen :)

aw I have been gone too long! who is this lovely Mr Disabled lol, and what happened to Elizabeth Taylor (I think that was her name? the single tailed white one)? :(

• Supporter

aw I have been gone too long! who is this lovely Mr Disabled lol, and what happened to Elizabeth Taylor (I think that was her name? the single tailed white one)? :(

Elizabeth Taylor, unfortunately died when my community was plagued with an international parasite that Australian Customs do not treat for :( she was not the one that introduced the parasite to the community as i was told, she was a local breed. i lost all my giants, except for Leonidis as the usual treatments were not working. that's when i ordered my microscope so that i could find what was killing my fish. we worked hard, Alex and I and a few other members, but without the microscope, fish just refused to respond to treatments and they kept dying.

Elizabeth Taylor, unfortunately died when my community was plagued with an international parasite that Australian Customs do not treat for :( she was not the one that introduced the parasite to the community as i was told, she was a local breed. i lost all my giants, except for Leonidis as the usual treatments were not working. that's when i ordered my microscope so that i could find what was killing my fish. we worked hard, Alex and I and a few other members, but without the microscope, fish just refused to respond to treatments and they kept dying.

oh no! I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I don't really recognise the ryus in the video! I'm so sorry about that, and I'm glad you're now rid of that parasite. out of curiosity, where did it come from? were your giants imported from outside of Australia?

• Supporter

oh no! I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I don't really recognise the ryus in the video! I'm so sorry about that, and I'm glad you're now rid of that parasite. out of curiosity, where did it come from? were your giants imported from outside of Australia?

thanks hun :) they come from diffrent places. current stock, the chus are from Japan, as is Leonidis, who is the big red Ryu with the tumors i need to be removing from time to time.. another issue.. but he's in good health. the other two Ryus "Mr Disabled" is from China and the big girl, she's from Thailand or Singapore, i can't remember, had her for some time. looking at her caudial fins, i am pretty sure she's from Thailand. none of my current group either as giant or totts are from AU.

parasite was from Japan.

Edited by Helen
added info

• Supporter

Your fish are so gorgeous!! I don't know why I joined this forum, I just want to steal everybody's fish all the time! :tantrum:D

Excellent, now I have a scape goat for my evil, fish abducting plans. Mwuhahahahahah. LOL. Thanks for the video, Helen. I'm glad you fed them, I sensed a rebellion brewing. :rofl

Maybe I can't promise. I forget my age often. :-(

me too! that's probably

Deleted all quotes and accidently deleted part of yours to me. My mind is like 14. It goes up and down. I forget a lot then remember then forget. But I can drive. Many time people get mad at me and it be like confusing. But I still can do stuff when my mind get it like I love making websites but only when my mind is like maybe up to 18 and remember. I dunno. Its hard to explain. Sometime I look at my fish but don't think to feed until I'm told maybe notes or ph calendar appt times or mom tell me but I can remember sometime. How big is the tank?

yeah, tried all that. lionchu suggested green water might help.. tbh, i don't think so. what i am thinking is to make narrower walls of a breeder basket, ie, to keep him upright. unless there's a feed or a moment of excitement, he's flat on his side. so, with little movement already, i am thinking i would like to try and sit him upright for a few days.. like the miracle you had with your fishie :)

tomorrow, as it will be Saturday, i will try to make this happen :)

I'm not sure if this will work. That is what I tried first, to have a her "forced" upright like in a narrow horse stable, but she managed to really wedge her in between the walls or weirdly turn/twist/flip that I decided that this is not going to work.

Additionally, he sinks and seems to struggle to get up to the air, while Vanille was not a sinker. Her swimbladder worked rather fine, but the position of her tail (after being upside down for weeks) messed her up like a badly built paper plane.

Still, don't get me wrong! It's definitely worth a try, and maybe it will work out! :) That would be great :)