Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Repashy and Hikari or other pellets

I have noticed when I feed my Hikari pellets alone the fish get really floaty yet when I give them repashy at the same meal, they don't, so now this is the way I feed them, as a combined meal. I am just curious as to why this would be?

Edited by CindiL

Some fish are just really picky. Bluey gets floaty with Omega One while everyone else behave. Ya just gotta find the right balance.

This is similar to how mine act when Bloodworms are fed at the same time as the ProGold for my fish. Maybe it is the combination of soft and hard that makes digestion easier?

It could also be due to all the plant and algae matter in Soilent Green helping with digestion. I think Fantailfan1 (?) noticed similar results when her fish were fed a combination of Repashy and pelleted foods.

I feed mine Omega One medium pellets (sinking) in the morning, and Aqueon granules (sinking) in the evening without any floaty issues. They also get bloodworms, oranges, peas, or beans as a treat once a week.

It could also be due to all the plant and algae matter in Soilent Green helping with digestion. I think Fantailfan1 (?) noticed similar results when her fish were fed a combination of Repashy and pelleted foods.

This probably has something to do with it, balancing the meal towards more plant based food. I now mix 50/50, soilent and super green. I give veggies too at meals but something about the SG definitely helps with the floatiness.

Edited by CindiL