I won a fish!

No really, I did! I went in to put in an application at a local petstore after one of the older workers saw me help a woman with the fish and suggested I apply since they're hiring. They have a gumball machine and if you get a yellow gumball you win a feeder goldie. Now two guys right before me won one and I mostly wanted the gum so I thought Why not? and out came a yellow gumball. :thud . Since I'm going to set up a stock tank this summer I figure what the heck. He is a medium bright orange common with an odd face. He looks like he may have a slight spinal deformity too, but otherwise appears healthy. :rofl the things I get myself into. I also set up the 30 gal and made a cinder block stand for it! I used 6 large cinder blocks and two 2x6 cull lumber and spray painted everything with indoor/outdoor matte black. The whole thing cost under 25 dollars and it doesn't look too bad!

86A35ED6-91DD-4ADE-B956-D9B7E302D79F-7164-00000354DE56BCD6_zps86c91474.jpg

79E6B274-4D3D-4612-8F30-42D44785E352-7164-0000035B865FB579_zpse73bfa33.jpg

this is the 30 gal, until I get some substrate in it the plants are chilling in a bucket :rofl

And onto the goldies! The new one's name is Shokin which means prize or redemption. the bf thought it was fitting because I won him and gave him a second chance. My stubby ryukin is named Ikura, because he is the color of salmon roe. Both are suspected to be male.

3-13.jpg

4-11.jpg

^Shokin

DSC09025.jpg

5-7.jpg

^Ikura foraging

They both are eating well and get along fine.

6-8.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-4.jpg

A few of kai, who wasn't cooperating. She's getting really big!

:teehee Thanks for looking!

Congratulations! I really like that common. :)

I'm trying to see why you think he may have a spinal deformation, because in the photos nothing is showing. He looks like a considerably healthy young common to me :)

When viewed from above he tends to curl left in general. I'm not sure if it was from previous poor water conditions or what. He seems to move fine :goldfish:

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

Oh I see. That's hard to tell from the photos. He may have a not perfectly straight spine or the bad LFS water conditions caused this temporarily. You will see. As long as he acts and swims normal, there is no reason to worry. He is super cute though and has such nice, flawless fins. :)

Shokin's lucky he got to come home with you! I'm just imagining all the other 'prize' feeders who'll probably be going into inadequate accom. :(

Very cute!! How cool that you won!

I think your tank stand turned out really nice. I didn't even know you could paint cinder blocks, I thought they were too porous or something.

One of my stands is made of stained concrete blocks. I used wood stain, which made the concrete crumble on some of the edges, but it still worked.