Excess slime coat and black spots?

anastasiam

Hiya!

I did the salt dip last night and he did wonderfully! He didn't even list to one side this time :)! He seems to be doing very good today in fact, the best he's done in awhile :happydance

That's the kind of awesome news I would like to see/hear! :)

I'd like for you to do at least two more salt dips, spaced two days apart from each other. :)

That was.... The scariest 5 minutes of my life :cry

Thanks Alex! I only have a bubble stone at the moment :)

Is it normal for them to have slight problems swimming at first in the after tank?

:lol isn't it scary sometimes I did a slat dip on Casper today he swam up splashed then was lifeless on his side I moved him out and he just started floating around lifeless :o he recovered later but I think goldfish are starting to enjoy the attention they get when we are panicked :lol

That was.... The scariest 5 minutes of my life :cry

Thanks Alex! I only have a bubble stone at the moment :)

Is it normal for them to have slight problems swimming at first in the after tank?

:lol isn't it scary sometimes I did a slat dip on Casper today he swam up splashed then was lifeless on his side I moved him out and he just started floating around lifeless :o he recovered later but I think goldfish are starting to enjoy the attention they get when we are panicked :lol

Oh I know! Little Klaus would swim around in the containment tank but the minute we would look at him he'd act out! They love attention a little too much sometimes lol

Klausie is still doing really well :). I was just wondering if he needed another salt dip or anything else?

That's great to hear :) Do you watch The Vampire Diaries by any chance? Haha sorry if you don't, that is also my new betta's name ;)

Naw, I'm not much for TV personally. My boyfriend is a different story however lol! His original name was just 'goldie', but when I had to move in with Andrew he insisted on Klaus instead :). He got the name from a cheeky goldfish on a cartoon he watches called American Dad lol

Naw, I'm not much for TV personally. My boyfriend is a different story however lol! His original name was just 'goldie', but when I had to move in with Andrew he insisted on Klaus instead :). He got the name from a cheeky goldfish on a cartoon he watches called American Dad lol

Oh yes, I don't watch that show but I know of it and that goldfish :) Haha well mine got it's name from the evil character on TVD, seemed suiting for a betta.

Hope he continues to get better!

Hi again! I've been pretty sick for a few days so I kinda fell behind on the salt dip :(. I tried to do it again tonight but Klaus listed to one side and couldn't right himself :( I took him out after tapping lightly on the glass then swirling the water with my finger. He didn't look very good. He was only in there for about a minute before I dropped him in the clean water. He seems to be doing alright now, just a bit drunk...

Ok, so I the problem... The temp of the bucket I had him in was dropping too quickly I think. I went ahead and righted the temp and tried again. He did fine this time :)

Awesome job diagnosing the problem! :thumbs:

How is he doing?

Yay for praise :D!

He's doing fine now :). He went and loved on my little girl happily after the two hours were up :D. Should I give him one more bath on Tuesday just to be sure or should I just keep an eye on him?