Photos of the Special Needs Babies

number20121

Thanks, you guys! :)

Awwwwww I freaking love that calico :heart :heart What are their special needs? I've read it somewhere but I can't remember...

Cute ! What are there special needs ? They looking very healthy !

Yes, they are all so cute. I don't see a thing wrong with them. I'd also like to know what their special needs are?

Wakka has SBD. Not a floater but he does not have much control over his swimming (tumbles over, sometimes scoots sideways) and so he can not handle depths and currents. Got himself stuck to a simple 100gph filter several times, so his tank runs with only about 5x filtration, split between two HOBs. Tends to bottom sit a bit. Also had dropsy twice because of that and is very sensitive to non-pristine water.

Being kept separate in this tank makes it much easier to keep the tank perfectly clean - look at how even his filter intakes are being kept sparkly clean - and that with hornwort in the tank :rofl

Chibi too tends to have SBD but is a floater. He also is extremely petite, only 2.5" body length, 21grams weight - that includes his big teles eyes - even though he is already four years old. With that he is even smaller and lighter than my significantly younger fish. Plus with those big fins he loses control over his swimming quickly if stronger current is involved, and will bottom sit occasionally. He has a bit of a harder time finding food/getting to it before others eat it.

So yeah, these two are doing much better by themselves and with additional care :)

Awwwwww I luv Chibi, very cute. :wub:

Wakkas colour and tail are cool though too

We love them, special or not. :heart

Thank you for sharing. :)

Thanks! :)

Aren't they all special, in one way or another? ROFL

Aww my ruykin Klaus has the same problem as Wakka. He tumbles over all of the time... They are both so pretty :D

Wakka will get to the point where he is upside down on the bottom of the tank. I really have to watch what I feed, as well as the current etc. Now he still spends a good deal of time bottom sitting, but it is not upside down anymore :)

Too cute :heart

Thank you! :)

Awwwwww.

I just love Wakka! (Chibi, too, of course!)

Yeah, Wakka is such a cutie! I love his orange hat and chubby cheeks :D

Awwwwww I luv Chibi, very cute. :wub:

Wakkas colour and tail are cool though too

Thank you! Chibi is such a sweetie! So tiny but so cute and very friendly :)

:wow love the tails on those.

Thanks! As I always say, you and I have a very similar taste in goldfish :D

I really wish you could have seen the little veiltail telescope at my Petsmart. He was so gorgeous! I went back two or three days later to snap you a photo but he was already gone :(

Just got to keep rubbing it in don't ya? /JK To bad I would of loved to have seen it.

LOL well I tried. He was so cute. In the middle of changing from black to orange and white :rofl

I wish I would have just bought him. Always got room for a spare tub :rofl2