Accidental Temp swing

Ok so I did an 85 percent water change today and after about 30 minutes after I was done I realized the water was so so cold... Usually it's around 65 ish give or take and when I looked at my thermometer it was down to 50-55 I don't know how that happened my tap is usually perfect temp. Anyway... Changed tiny bits of water, about a half a gallon in full with like warm water that brought it up to 57... I had to go to work so I left my lights in my room on.. That usually raises the temp by 2-3 degrees over 5 hours..

I'm scared I will get home and he will be dead. Can someone tell me if I did something wrong? :(

I'm running a 15 gallon tank with 1 fish

How was he acting before you left? Bottom sitting, clamping, breathing heavily, side rolling, any of that? Personally, I'd add a little salt to the tank (1 tsp/gal for non-planted, 1TBSP/10 gal for planted) to prevent against a potential ich outbreak from the shock- but, you should probably wait for a mod to chime in before doing anything, as they are much more knowledgeable than I am.

I do my water changes with a few degrees warmer from tap. It cools like a degree or two as I add in Prime and walk toward the tank. I add the water within the area of mercury temp thingy to observe. Its like warm spring showers. They love it. Then water temp stablize within short time.

I'm in Maine so I know what you mean about the blizzard affecting the water. i did a water change Saturday that was just way colder than normal and didn't realize it. Everyone is fine. Hopefully that is an indication that your little one will be fine too. The temperature did level out to room temp in 24 hours. =) good luck