Want to spend hours drooling over awesome goldfish?

fishtankbabe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my cod!!! This bubble eye, I must have it!!! What color is this color called?

0816su11.jpg

I also need this little gal. I would name her penny.

0614mr21.jpg

and I can hear this little guy calling me.

0427sbst21.jpg

I do believe its time to plan a Koko's goldfish "field trip". To uhhh.. borrow these fish and simply forget to return them. :rofl

Yah, that little copper colored chu stole my heart too!!!!

Found it!

Yes it is, it's a german scaled or mirror scaled goldfish. They are apparently a hybridation from the dragon scaled koi. I notice that this fish has no mouth barbs so it is not an F1 hybridzation meaning somehow the normal sterility from koi/goldfish hybrids was able to be bypassed.

There apparently was even an example in Joeseph Smartt's book but I can't verify that as I don't have that one. This suggests that like many other rarities, this probably was an early mutation that wasn't bred out at the time and appears from time to time.

Remember how rare it was to find Jikin's over here and how rare it STILL is? I'm sure that is the case for the mirror scaled goldfish as well. Something that will be quite rare to find anywhere outside of yokohama.

• Admin

Found it!

Yes it is, it's a german scaled or mirror scaled goldfish. They are apparently a hybridation from the dragon scaled koi. I notice that this fish has no mouth barbs so it is not an F1 hybridzation meaning somehow the normal sterility from koi/goldfish hybrids was able to be bypassed.

There apparently was even an example in Joeseph Smartt's book but I can't verify that as I don't have that one. This suggests that like many other rarities, this probably was an early mutation that wasn't bred out at the time and appears from time to time.

Remember how rare it was to find Jikin's over here and how rare it STILL is? I'm sure that is the case for the mirror scaled goldfish as well. Something that will be quite rare to find anywhere outside of yokohama.

WOW hun Great Find on information.... DUDE I want one now :o

• Admin

:o hybrid or not it is my new dream

Mine Mine I tell ya :P

Does anyone know where to get a telescope pearlscale??? I just love them they are so pretty!

You might try asking Ken from Dandy ORandas or Tommy from Goldfishnet.com :)

What is this... :o

0821pk41.jpg

According to google translate this is a platinum kaga nagami. I cannot figure out any further info on it though.

I wonder if this is a Hybred breed :o

Found it!

I was dying to know what that one was, great detective work! Oh if only we could get all these awesome fish over here! :please

I want them all :krazy: ! Why can American's be cool enough to breed amazing fish like that!? But then again, if we did I'd have more aquarium than house lol :fishtank::fishtank: :fishtank::rofl

Edited by anastasiam

Guest nicole*

That is just cruel! I have been looking for a calico and that site is FULL OF THEM!!!!!! Sadly no where caries them all the time so i have to constantly be on the look out!

Truly impressive fish, almost to a one!

I'd been congratulating a couple of my ryukins on thier dorsals, but some of these guys could raise their fins and cross the Pacific with a following breeze!

Was surprised to see (only one?!) veiltail in there, too.

Not going to list the ones that made me "ooh" or "aaah" - we'll be here several _more_ hours, LOL!

Thanks!!

~Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this place is in Japan and I am in Korea and I am only about 3 hours away! I am trying...to refrain...from writing to ask if they can provide the necessary docs (SVC free, etc.) that I'd need to get them into Korea. If they can...I am doomed...DOOMED!

Edited by spillie