Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

Drew's new friend.

Well, in my attempt to get Drew into fish, I bought him a betta yesterday. He now wants another, so I am needing to divide the 10 gallon... but here's

"Kratos, God of War." I took these last night while he was settling in, so pardon the bubbles!

picture021_zps17ded0cd.jpg

picture023_zpse64c21bd.jpg

Chelsea I was just at the Grandville Petsmart and they have the. most. gorgeous. male betta. I don't know what kind he is but his color and tail are to die for!! And he was holding his tail and fins out so proudly.

Congrats on getting Drew hooked and good luck finding Kratos a tank mate! He looks great, especially for just settling in! :D

I'd be more concerned with dividing the 10 and have 2 male Bettas in there unless the divider is a solid color. It can stress them both badly to constantly flare at each other. Ask Drew to check out the Tropical fishies to add instead. There are many that will work quite well with Betta.

Ooooh Lisa if I had a way to get there I would grab him up in a heartbeat. I picked Kratos for Drew because of that same/similar behavior. He was so proud and flaring like a champ, gills out and all... trying to eat me. :rofl This morning I showed Drew why we needed a divider by using a mirror, and that is how he got his name!

And Jesse, thank you for the concern but I am very well aware of this. I promise you the divider will be solid colored. :)

Edited by ChelseaM

I'd be more concerned with dividing the 10 and have 2 male Bettas in there unless the divider is a solid color. It can stress them both badly to constantly flare at each other. Ask Drew to check out the Tropical fishies to add instead. There are many that will work quite well with Betta.

I've kept 2 males in a 10 gallon tank with a divider. They did fine. She just needs to make sure to put lots and lots of plants on either side of the divider so they really need to make an effort to see each other. I don't think I'd put a male betta in with other tropicals without a divider in a 10 gallon . . . :idont

I wish you had a way to get there Chelsea cuz he was fabulous!

Can you show me? I've never seen a solid color dividers anywhere! What's the brand name?

Can you show me? I've never seen a solid color dividers anywhere! What's the brand name?

It's not a solid color. It's the typical one you find at Petsmart/Petco . . . kind of opaque with tiny holes in it. But if there are plenty of plants to block the view to the other side, they should be fine. :D

It's not a solid color. It's the typical one you find at Petsmart/Petco . . . kind of opaque with tiny holes in it. But if there are plenty of plants to block the view to the other side, they should be fine. :D

I might do that the next time I commit Betta Impulse Buys. I go thru many tanks/fishes only to sell them a few months later.

The one I am going to build is just made of plastic mesh pieces (like you find at the sewing shop), layering them so they're staggered to impede the view but still holey so water can flow through easily. They come in several colors. :)

I do have a mesh divider for a 10. I never used it. Still in the closet.

Beautiful fish! :D

He's Gorgeous :) Congrats!!!

And a divided Betta tank is fine with a mesh divider with most Betta's it really depends on the fish and having lots of plants will help :)