Goldfish Wheelchair

Hi Heidi,

Quasi posted this video a couple of days ago here

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/107191-solution-to-swimblasser-problem-d/page__p__1396670#entry1396670

and Pearlscaleperfect did as well, many months ago.

I had to remove your link to that site, as that site also contains a fish forum, and I have gone ahead and used the YouTube link, instead.

Unfortunately, this story did not have a good ending. The prosthesis worked for a short period of time, before problems with sores from chafing and infection set in. :(

This is funny. Koko posted yesterday then another person and now this. LOL

Lol, and I got it in an email just today! I thought it was new news. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for the fish though.

It was better than suffering and early death.

Actually this probably prolonged suffering and death. This irritates the slime coat and lets a fish that would die if left alone to continue to eat and suffer, when no full recovery is possible. Slings irritate the skin and scales because it rubs off the slime coat.

Edited by GreenTea

This is really neat but as everyone already pointed out, slings are no long term solution. If the swim bladder is beat, then that's it. No going back to normal. :(

What I also don't like about these things is the string used, which I can imagine becoming a problem with other fish constantly swimming into it, especially telescope eyes D:

Thanks for sharing though, I haven't seen this particular video yet :)