Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

How To Video : Salt Dip

I needed to do a salt dip today for Luca, and since I’ve seen a few requests around the forum for a how-to video, I figured I’d go ahead and make one! Here it is.

It's an excellent video Jennie!

It's an excellent video Jennie!

Thanks Alex. :) I have fun making these videos.

Very informative video, cataloged for future use!

Really good video! Very helpful, too :)

Thanks, I'm glad you guys found it informative!

I just did my first salt dip today and I made it way too complicated on myself... hopefully I will be pro like you soon! Thanks for the video! :)

Nice job, Sakura. :):clapping:

Wonderful job, Jennie! I definitely wouldn't have been so composed! I do hope Luca feels better soon!

This is great! It would seem so scary the first time you did it though. Does anyone know why the fish start to tip on their side?

This is great! It would seem so scary the first time you did it though. Does anyone know why the fish start to tip on their side?

Going from no/little salt to sea water salinity is pretty disorienting.

Oh holy cow! I'm so glad you made this video! The first time my fishy tipped over, I would have hit the panic button and pull the switch. That would have been super scary to do going in blind!

Thank You!

I can't seem to find the canning and pickling salt I did however find morton kosher sal. Is there another option for me to buy?

I can't seem to find the canning and pickling salt I did however find morton kosher sal. Is there another option for me to buy?

There are two links in my signature on salt, and they will describe in more detail the kind(s) of salt you could use. Essentially, any salt (sodium chloride) that has no additives. :)

There are two links in my signature on salt, and they will describe in more detail the kind(s) of salt you could use. Essentially, any salt (sodium chloride) that has no additives. :)

After almost 2 hours of store after store i got it! the internet on my phone was kind of slow so i couldnt load your links in time and i am a very inpatient person lol. out of all the major stores and supermarkets Target was the one that had them. i will treat my fish tomorrow after work i am also going to order prazi i am moving back to the mailand at the end of next month and i want to make sure my little soldiers are in top shape for this relocation. Thank alot.

Jennie, this is a great video you are so calm! Whenever i've had to do a salt dip i'm truly frantic! :krazy:

Another fabulous video from Sakura! :heart Both your youtube channel, and your blog are worth their weight in Solid Gold! ;)

can I just use the iodined salt in the kitchen?

No, it needs to be non-iodized with no anti-caking agents or any other additives. Try Morton's Canning & Pickling salt.