Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Say it isn't so... Bloating/Raised Scales

Tried soaking with garlic, still no interest ):

:doh11: Garlic completely skipped my mind. It's like you have all the answers till it's your kid, then everything goes out the window and your running around in a panic, trying to decide if you should call 911 or you mommy. :krazy: Edited by Smegy Psiren

:doh11: Garlic completely skipped my mind. It's like you have all the answers till it's your kid, then everything goes out the window and then your running around in a panic, trying to decide if you should call 911 or you mommy. :krazy:

If Phyllis still isn't feeling well, you might wanna try some garlic (:

Added 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom, I'm not 100% on the volume of water they are in. Hopefully that'll help some. I'll try again to feed them after a little while in the Epsom.

Added 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom, I'm not 100% on the volume of water they are in. Hopefully that'll help some. I'll try again to feed them after a little while in the Epsom.

This is good. You could stand to add another 1/4 teaspoon if you like.

I am concerned that part of the problem is that her mouth irritations are part of why she isn't eating. It may be necessary that you try to syringe feed her. What do you think?

This is good. You could stand to add another 1/4 teaspoon if you like.

I am concerned that part of the problem is that her mouth irritations are part of why she isn't eating. It may be necessary that you try to syringe feed her. What do you think?

The one with the irritated mouth is the Sakura, he still shows interest in food, the one who is bloating and pineconed really badly is the orange one and she isnt eating unfortunately. I have her separate for feedings to make sure i know what she is getting, and while she ate 8 yesterday, she has wanted none today ): ill add more epsom. What do you think about adding metro to the water? I'm worried I won't be able to get enough mms in them, even with syringe feeding as these are small fish and they aren't used to being fed a lot. I usually only feed them once a day because of my overstocking issue. Will it be too hard on their kidneys?

Edited by LovelyChaos

Metro-Meds is nice is that it's not as rough on the kidneys compared to something like kanamycin, which is why it is also a favored med to treat dropsy, where kidney failure is occurring.

Sure you can add Metro to the water.

Metro-Meds is nice is that it's not as rough on the kidneys compared to something like kanamycin, which is why it is also a favored med to treat dropsy, where kidney failure is occurring.

Sure you can add Metro to the water.

Ok, ill do that. I'll let you know if I get her to eat. What do you think the mouth irritation is? And how would i treat that? Could it have been from nitrates? My plants were dying off in there so I moved them and when I did the water change nitrates were at 40.

Edited by LovelyChaos

Infections of the mouth could be from a number of bacterial infections, the most serious of which is columnaris. This is not columnaris, though.

Well that's good! Hopefully he will clear up quickly and I can focus on Cream. Ahh...

Cream still looks bloated and pineconed today, but only on one side still. She was bottom resting when I checked, but she swam right up to me when she saw me. Strawberry is looking good, which doesn't surprise me because he was eating the metro meds.

Edited by LovelyChaos

Is Cream eating better today?

I'm glad to hear that they are improving! :)

Is Cream eating better today?

I'm glad to hear that they are improving! :)

She ate one pellet so far /: I wouldn't say she is getting better but hey, at least she isn't bottom sitting..... I'm guessing metro in the water helped.

How are you trying to get food into her?

How are you trying to get food into her?

Right now I separate her, and put the pellets in with her one at a time. I was going to start soaking again cause she chews them for forever. If I can't get enough into her, I'm going to smash them up and mix them with a little garlic water and syringe feed her... Can't be much harder than syringe feeding 8 day old kittens right? :rofl

I lost my 4 year old red and white oranda from dropsey. It was Haloween night and his tank temp was 66.6 degrees. Creepy. I fed Mm and Epsom salt but it didnt work. I miss my little bubblehead.

They're trying! Just not really succeeding....

So today it was Cream: 4 and Strawberry: maybe 2... Cream also looked ever so slightly less pineconed. They are still full of energy and in good spirits so... Nothing worse, not much better. I'd rather go nowhere than backwards, so I'm a little grateful (;

Edited by LovelyChaos

Just keep coaxing them to eat! :)

Ill try (: soaking them worked a little, but strawberry didn't want any of it.... Cream was more interested and at least didn't spit the rest out...

Maybe tomorrow they'll be more hungry (: