Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Say it isn't so... Bloating/Raised Scales

Did the MMs arrive, Charly?

Not yet, we got the mail early today. I'm sure they'll be here tomorrow (: luckily these two aren't doing too badly (:

Darn, im sorry! The guy said they'd be there today. Well im glad they aren't worse :)

Cream (orange) looks more pineconey today ): oh mail man, be fleet!

Darn, im sorry! The guy said they'd be there today. Well im glad they aren't worse :)

Thank you so much!! I just got them. Both got down 2 so far (: my waters a bit cold so I'm letting it warm up to get them hungry. And thanks for the jump start! I'm sure they'll enjoy it (;

I'm hoping they feel better soon! I watched your video and even though they're down and out right now... they're cute as anything!

I'm hoping they feel better soon! I watched your video and even though they're down and out right now... they're cute as anything!

I hope so too! I love these guys so much! At least they're doing well enough to eat (: I got 2 in Strawberry (sakura) 6 in Cream (orange)

Get well soon, little fishies :heart

I'll pass on the well wishes (; I'm sure if they understood they'd appreciate it like I do :heart

So Cream ate 7 and Strawberry ate 3... How do I use garlic to help them eat? Do I just get garlic powder or cloves and soak them and the MMs in water?

So Cream ate 7 and Strawberry ate 3... How do I use garlic to help them eat? Do I just get garlic powder or cloves and soak them and the MMs in water?

The cloves are better, and you basically just want to soak for no more than 30 seconds. Remember the longer you soak, the more stuff will leech out of the meds.

The cloves are better, and you basically just want to soak for no more than 30 seconds. Remember the longer you soak, the more stuff will leech out of the meds.

Alrighty, I'll try that (: thanks!

Good luck!

Do you happen to know how much they weigh so that we can determine exactly how many pellets they each need?

Good luck!

Do you happen to know how much they weigh so that we can determine exactly how many pellets they each need?

Unfortunately no ): I was actually planning on buying a scale next week. Go figure. I'll see if I can find someone to borrow a scale from.

I don't think that they are all that big, so for the moment, I am thinking 4 pellets per fish for each day is about the right amount. However, verification with the scale would be best.

My whole point in saying this is that I actually think that you are doing a pretty good job coaxing them to eat what they need to, so it may be that soaking with garlic is not necessary, although of course should be done if you choose to. :)

I don't think that they are all that big, so for the moment, I am thinking 4 pellets per fish for each day is about the right amount. However, verification with the scale would be best.

My whole point in saying this is that I actually think that you are doing a pretty good job coaxing them to eat what they need to, so it may be that soaking with garlic is not necessary, although of course should be done if you choose to. :)

Thank you (: luckily these two happily take from my hand. I'm only having problems with strawberry. So only 4 a day? Cream already got 7 cause I thought you said 10 :o

Also, do MMs and jump start need to be fridgerated?

Edited by LovelyChaos

Well, if you can get them to eat 10, that would be amazing! :)

Well, if you can get them to eat 10, that would be amazing! :)

Well the end count is 8 Cream, 4 Strawberry. Cream is the one that really needs it. Hopefully the sun will come out and warm the water more, so they eat more (: oh, what do you make of the redness of Strawberrys mouth? I got one picture kinda showing it, I haven't wanted to handle them much after their accident. If you need a clearer pic, let me know and I'll get it tomorrow (:

If you could get pics tomorrow, that will be great!

I am just so glad the meds arrived.

If you could get pics tomorrow, that will be great!

I am just so glad the meds arrived.

Ahh me too (: I'm glad it waited to rain or I might not have seen this in time ):

And I'm glad and thankful for your help :hug I would have no clue what to do otherwise ):

Edited by LovelyChaos

Strawberry is looking better today, but not Cream ): She's even more pineconed, especially on one side. She keeps spitting out the metro meds ):

:(

Do you have Epsom in the water? Have you seen her poop? Fish will spit out food if they are too constipated, OR they have irritated mouths. In the latter case, we may have to mush up the pellets even more, or syringe feed.

:(

Do you have Epsom in the water? Have you seen her poop? Fish will spit out food if they are too constipated, OR they have irritated mouths. In the latter case, we may have to mush up the pellets even more, or syringe feed.

I don't have Epsom in the water, how much for about 15 gallons? There definitely is poop in the tub. I have the water at 74. I have Cream floating in a bowl, so ill check back in a little bit to see if there is poop.

d2eab7de3f6170bf3828f2ccd0c9732e_zpsecc7936d.jpg

048e9546dca50a3890bf931c3ef87de0_zps192d54e0.jpg

1ac26f9d65ecb76e45c093cb7b12cb81_zps0148508f.jpg

Creams been pooping. She keeps eating the mms ad spitting them out ):