A Few of My Goldfish. Including Top 2 Favorites.

SumoKoi

Here are a few standouts among my collection of goldfish. In 20+ yrs of fish keeping, I have never named any of my fish but in the spirit of this forum I figured I might as well start w/ the more distinguished ones. I doubt I will be naming all 30+ fish. I am new to taking pictures of fish and photography in general. Hoping to learn a few things along the way. These pics were enhanced via photobucket to compensate for my lack of photography skills.

Without further ado the top two favorite fish in my collection:

Grade A Red & White Ranchu who looks good as both a top view and side view fish.

91838e69-1092-49bc-b4f8-5c3d4fa91e63.jpg

Dragon Eye Red Cap Oranda. This is the first time I have ever seen this type and it is freakishly awesome!!!

5c8edd21-53bd-44bd-8019-d090d69b6353.jpg

And a couple other standouts:

This is my Black Cap Oranda even though it appears red in the pictures. In person, the wen is a deep burgundy color and appears practically black especially in sunlight. This is the first time I've seen something like it and have no idea how it will develop over time.

4454ea26-1668-460f-bf9b-95cdcd06e656.jpg

And finally here is my White Jade Stamped Oranda. I picked it up just because it had its own imperfect charm and I was curious about how the wen would develop over time.

62387272-6d34-4132-b415-69a68926f111.jpg

• Supporter

i have to say that the telescope/oranda "screech" concept is very unusual to me.. it's not something i am used to seeing, although, i do find the fish lovely to look at, not something i have warmed to as yet. but i am sure it's only a matter of time :) banksy is just adorable :heart

OMG.. cuteness overload :heart

i broke out into hysterics over "bloodclot" :rofl:tomuch:

Thanks! :P I thought the name was quite fitting! ;)

Here's a few more for you. This is more true to color...

0ba9b352-96a1-4ec7-bdcf-070b4fd40e75.jpg

19ebfa52-427b-420d-a45f-9dee6c1fdb77.jpg

512bab2c-cb3e-445b-ac6d-7d7532679a33.jpg

Edited by SumoKoi

i have to say that the telescope/oranda "screech" concept is very unusual to me.. it's not something i am used to seeing, although, i do find the fish lovely to look at, not something i have warmed to as yet. but i am sure it's only a matter of time :) banksy is just adorable :heart

I passed up the fish twice writing it off as a freak deformity. It wasn't until I found myself seeking truely unique/oddball type fish that I decided to give it a closer look and knew that this particular one would make a nice addition. If I had to choose, I'd say Banksy is the favored one because of personality but Screech is a close second for shock value. It is named Screech after a nerdy character who has similar hair style in a popular 90's teen show called "Saved By the Bell." Google it and you may see the resemblance. :)

• 2 weeks later...